Venor is proud to partner with Guildford’s in their search for a Project Manager in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Guildford’s is one of the largest multidisciplinary construction companies in Atlantic Canada offering Insulation, Fireproofing, Fire Stopping, Industrial Coatings, Abatement, and Building Envelope (Exterior Steel Studs, Architectural Cladding, Glazing) Services to our customers in the Industrial, Commercial and Marine Sectors. Guildford’s was founded in 1906 and has operated continuously for 116 years. This is a new position which is being added in response to the exceptional growth Guildford’s is experiencing.
- Leads and manages various projects, take offs, and estimates for future projects
- Create scope of work document, that clearly defines base scope of work for projects
- Attends job site to give direction to tradesmen regarding project scope of work, when required
- Will order and obtain materials pre-job start up, in a timely manner to mitigate down time for operatives on site, ensuring that all permanent materials meet project specifications
- Will arrange delivery of materials and equipment to job sites as and when required
- Prepares detailed shop drawing and safety submittal packages for client review and approval
- Reviews issued construction documents for any potential changes from the tender documents
- Together with project foreman or supervisors create, implement, and maintain working schedules
- Tracks and reports daily labor, material, miscellaneous and equipment expenditures
- Tracks and reports daily productivity in terms of earned project value, comparing the projects total cost to the amount of work completed
- Collects project specific safety paperwork for distribution to clients and/or for internal purposes
- Inspects project sites for quality assurance and maintain a record of site collected quality data
- Ensure that project operations comply with design specifications.
- Authorize contracts, purchase orders, change orders, and approve supplier/customer invoices for payment.
- Prepares project specific quotes for contemplated change orders and tracks any potential project changes arising from client deviation from contract documents
- Manages approved change orders and updates project reports to reflect changes in the project scope, schedule, and cost
- Maintains and builds on relationships with clients before, during and upon completion of projects
As the ideal candidate, you have a technical background and experience doing tendering and estimating. You can read and understand blueprints and have previous supervisory and leadership experience. You are personable and have superior communication skills and can build lasting relationships with clients and stakeholders. You can demonstrate both flexibility and adaptability to meet the ever-changing demands, while carrying projects and initiatives to completion.
As the successful candidate, you have post-secondary education in construction management technology, or project management or as an CET/Architectural Technologist combined with 5 + years of industry experience (building envelope.) You also have demonstrated experience with managing trades on multiple job sites and you demonstrate strong negotiation skills. This role is performed on customer job sites and a key responsibility is to maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please reach out to Erika Hildebrand via firstname.lastname@example.org