Our client, L&A Metalworks Inc. is a metal fabricator with 30 to 60 employees, located in Fredericton, New Brunswick. They manufacture to print, for a select group of OEMs, who supply industrial customers including oil refineries and power generating plants, with a full range of process systems for gas flow diversion and pollution extraction systems. We are excited to be partnered with them to hire an Operations Manager.
Key operating characteristics for their company include a high standard of quality construction, manpower planning for on-time deliveries, a capable and productive workforce, efficient production processes and well-maintained equipment; of which all are essential to a competitive cost structure and customer retention.
- Supervise project managers with respect to their understanding of job specifications, scope of work, purchasing of materials, Inspection and Test plans, job scheduling, communications with customers and suppliers, and preparation of work plans for the fabrication of equipment.
- Sign off on all contract documents making sure that all contract requirements including scope of work, penalties, specifications, deliverables, etc. agree with the submitted bid quotation.
- Maintain up to date estimating standards for labor and materials based on analysis of executed projects.
- Maintain communications with customer’s engineers, purchasers and project managers on project schedules, changes in job scope and any required deviations from specifications and delivery schedule.
- Supervise shop foremen and work with them to develop teamwork, on-time delivery schedules, production efficiencies and quality standards.
- Ensure all customer contact specifications and requirements are implemented in the production process.
- Control hiring process and training programs to develop human resources adequate to support the company’s business volume.
- Be up to date in production techniques and advancements in production technologies and be able to do the underlying analysis to support the introduction and implementation of such.
- Ensure a proper maintenance program is in place and duly executed.
- Ensure a proper quality inspection program is implemented on all contacts.
As the successful candidate, you have experience in the metal fabrication industry in a job shop environment. Knowledge of the fabrication process, including project management, production, estimating and business development. You can motivate and influence your team by working collaboratively to ensure that production meets deadlines. You have strong time management, problem solving skills with the ability to make sound decisions.
As the ideal candidate, you bring with you 5+years of leadership and business development experience with the ability to expand the client base by networking with prospective customers. You have the technical aptitude to review bid estimates, negotiate contracts including prices and deliveries consistent with the company’s capabilities to win new business.
For more information on this exciting opportunity with L&A MetalWorks Inc., reach out to Erika Hildebrand , Partner via firstname.lastname@example.org