Venor is proud to partner with Nova Scotia Power Inc with their search for a Project Manager to lead all Transmission Projects, based in Halifax. With a culture focused on safety, Nova Scotia Power Inc is committed to providing exceptional service to customers and rewarding jobs to employees. Nova Scotia Power Inc is committed to delivering clean energy to help build a greener economy and are currently working towards the goal of reaching 80% renewable electricity sales by 2030.
What You’ll be Doing:
You will report to the Director of Strategic Initiatives and will be accountable for project scheduling, site management, forecasting, cost controls, and executing contracts. This position involves managing the project lifecycle from start to finish, dealing with permits, designing, building, commissioning, and capital approval. In this role you will be working collaboratively with both project teams and the contributing resources from across the organizations to lead the project to closure.
- You will be accountable for environmental performance as it relates to the environmental management system processes and initiatives.
- You will successfully manage all project documentation, the procurement processes, environmental and safety management, and project reporting.
- You will liaise with external stakeholders, partners, operations, engineering resources, and members of the capital projects group.
- You will observe and ensure compliance with all Occupational Health & Safety Rules and Regulations.
- You will be required to provide overall administration and coordination of potential project team members’ activities such as, prioritizing work assignments, team development, coaching and performance evaluation.
Who You Are:
As the ideal candidate, you have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field (or you possess equivalent experience), combined with 15+ years of project development and construction related experience in electricity systems. You have demonstrated strong stakeholder management skills and understand the importance of maintaining relationships. Having a Project Management Professional designation (PMP) and extensive experience in renewable generation is an asset.
The successful candidate will have strong communication, analytics, decision making, and project management skills with a proactive approach to problem-solving. You support flexibility in the workplace and embrace change with a positive mindset. You build strong collaborative relationships with a commitment to a respectful, inclusive, and productive work environment while demonstrating integrity and a commitment to operational excellence for our customers.
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to you, we encourage you to apply so we can work together to create a greener Nova Scotia. Contact Erika Hildebrand, Partner via email@example.com and Andrea Murray, Recruitment Specialist via firstname.lastname@example.org.