Venor is proud to partner with our client the City of Moncton, as they recruit 911 Telecommunications Operators.
Reporting to the on-duty Team Leader and under the general supervision of the NCO I/C Operational Communications Centre; you will provide emergency and non-emergency communication services in an Operational Communications Centre (OCC) to the public, law enforcement, emergency services (fire and ambulance) and other departments and agencies within the Tri-Community and outlying areas as required in support of public and officer safety.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responds to emergency (NB911) and routine calls for service and transfers the critical information to the appropriate agency and provides comprehensive instructions as necessary.
- Assesses threats/risks related to calls for service, prioritizes tasks and continually re-assesses the circumstances in response to a single or multiple incidents while switching between tasks, dispatching, status keeping and providing required support services.
- Dispatches, coordinates, controls, monitors status and monitors Police and Department of Fisheries and Oceans units/officers and resources for service through radio, telephone and OCC system communications. May be required to control or restrict radio or telephone communications, while coordinating the response of resources.
- Dispatches fire and police alarms and dispatches to internal and external support units. Retrieves and provides information to these units as required. Notifies keyholders of incidents of malfunctions or false alarms as required.
- Operates (adds, deletes, modifies and queries) electronic data processing systems such as, but may not be limited to, CPIC, CIIDS, PROS and Crisys.
- Attends police and fire briefings and debriefings as may be required and keeps abreast of all procedures and policies relative to the position.
- Confirms warrants as requested by patrol members.
- Conducts daily radio checks, pager checks and station tone alert checks with each community.
- Coordinates emergency response in accordance with the airport emergency services.
As an ideal candidate you will have 3 years of experience working in a call center environment. You will have Knowledge of the topography of Moncton, Riverview, Dieppe and South East New-Brunswick. Bilingual in French and English is essential.
As a successful candidate you will have above-average initiative, judgment and ability.. Knowledge and application of effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to hear and to discriminate speech and sounds in the presence of background noise in order to determine appropriate response, clearly articulate instructions and adapt to diverse client groups.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
If you are interested in this opportunity please reach out to Alex Armsworthy via firstname.lastname@example.org or Alisha Dsouza via email@example.com