Venor is proud to partner with East Coast Credit Union as they seek an Account Manager, Business Services to join their team. East Coast Credit Union is looking province wide for the ideal candidate who has exceptional customer service and proven relationship building experience. East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which their clients live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, they offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Services, you will be responsible for providing exceptional member service; building relationships with existing and prospective members and offering a full range of business products and services. Through managing a diverse portfolio of commercial accounts, the incumbent will examine, evaluate, authorize or recommend approval of commercial and public sector applications for credit.
- Manage an assigned portfolio of existing members and proactively look for opportunities to grow the portfolio.
- Interview members, review loan applications; assess credit risk and make approval decisions while adhering to existing policies and procedures.
- Compile loan packages and negotiate loan structure with applicants including but not limited to rates, repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Proactively identify commercial members’ current and future financial needs and offer suitable products & services.
- Refer business to other areas of the Credit Union.
- Recommend sound business lending practices and procedures consistent with policy, industry standards, and member service expectations.
- Assist Branch Managers with credit structuring, assessment and provide training and coaching when required.
- Monitor account overdraft activity and contact members to encourage prompt repayment of delinquent accounts.
- Support community initiatives through volunteering and attending events and activities on behalf of the Credit Union.
As the successful candidate, you are someone who has completed a Business Degree with an emphasis in Business Administration or Commerce plus have three to five years of experience in commercial lending in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of training and experience in credit management. You have demonstrated the ability to proactively listen, identify sales opportunities, and solve problems that are sales oriented. You are also someone who has demonstrated business development and retention skills. You possess exceptional communication and relationship building skills with the proven ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
You are someone who has strong analytical and decision-making skills and an in-depth understanding of financial products, trends and service offerings. You have proven organizational, planning and multi-tasking skills along with a proven ability to interpret financial data, along with technological proficiency. You thrive working both independently but can also throw yourself into the role of team player.
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
For full details on this position with East Coast Credit Union, please contact Natalie Isaacs via firstname.lastname@example.org.