Our client, Saeplast, is seeking Accounts Payable Specialist. The position will report to the Controller and provide accounting and administrative support to the organization based out of Saint John, New Brunswick. For over 30 years, Saeplast’s engineers and designers have worked hard to ensure that their products meet the toughest demands for their global customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate reports detailing accounts payables status
- Possess practical knowledge in managing spreadsheets and specialized software for multiple accounts
- Tracking purchase orders, with a focus on inventory, and intercompany accounts due to global operations in Europe, North and South America.
- Understand expense accounts and cost centers
- Understands compliance issues around accounts payable processes.
As the ideal candidate, you have strong knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, financial records, currency exchange, and internal controls. You will have hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to details. You can perform complex account reconciliations and have experience developing, preparing and presenting reports. A post-secondary education program in accounting, book-keeping or office administration is preferred.
As the successful candidate, you have exceptional communication skills, and you enjoy using your communication skills to follow up with stakeholders on any outstanding tasks. You can effectively identify a problem then develop and execute a successful solution. You can prioritize multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy to detail.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
If you are interested in this opportunity please reach out to Alex Armsworthy via email@example.com or Alisha Dsouza via firstname.lastname@example.org