Venor has partnered with a progressive business that is a leader in their industry across Canada. The company is focused on growth and recognizes that its employees are the most critical component of that. Our client takes a committed approach to fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment to progress forward through this exciting time. With growth comes opportunity, which has attracted exceptional professionals to their business and created further requirements to add top talent to their organization.
On behalf of our client, we are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join their operation in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Reporting directly to the Human Resource Manager, the Administrative Assistant will coordinate day-to-day office operations, provide support to core head office functions, and act in a pivotal position supporting a growing team, inspirational leaders, and a loyal client base.
Main responsibilities include:
- Oversee day-to-day office operations including maintaining supplies, organizing workspaces, and ensuring a tidy and welcoming environment.
- Act as the first point of contact for visitors, phone calls, and emails, providing a positive and professional representation of the organization.
- Deliver a broad range of office support services, including preparation of documents, and coordinating incoming and outgoing courier and mail.
- Provide a variety of support to the Human Resources team, including uniform ordering, tracking, and reporting on internal training, preparing new hire packages, etc.
- Order office supplies, and kitchen consumables, and arrange servicing of office equipment and basic facilities maintenance.
- Organize events and meetings, reserve, and schedule facilities, catering, and travel.
- Assist with accounts payable or receivable duties and perform a variety of other administrative tasks.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you will have a business administration diploma or degree, intermediate to advanced MS Office abilities, and 2+ years of experience working within a changing business environment, focused on a variety of administrative responsibilities. You will have strong communication skills, a solutions-driven, organized approach, and a passion to deliver results while managing changing priorities.
If you enjoy working independently and as a part of a team with time-sensitive deadlines, have a desire for detail, love to learn, and looking to be part of an established business that values balance and hard work, please send your resume to James Willies at James@venor.ca to have a confidential conversation.