Venor is proud to partner with EastPoint Engineering in their search for an Architect to join their team in Halifax, NS. EastPoint is a multi-discipline architectural and engineering firm servicing an array of industrial, government, institutional, and commercial clients. Owned by its management and senior employees, EastPoint’s leadership has worked together as a team for more than 20 years. Through decades of experience, we have accumulated a deep understanding of design, construction, accessibility, costs, regulatory issues, environmental, and technical solutions to support our clients.
At EastPoint, we believe we can work on the most challenging and rewarding of projects, anywhere, with the right people. This entrepreneurial spirit has allowed EastPoint to enter new markets and deliver more than 10,000 projects. We’ve put our fingerprint on multidisciplinary projects from facility upgrades to community housing improvements, from new public infrastructure to transformative landmark buildings. We work on large and small projects to shape places, not only in Nova Scotia but across Canada and beyond.
Yet of all the things we’ve built, we’re most proud of our company culture. We have organically grown our company since its founding to more than 120 architects, engineers, designers, and professionals today.
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the VP of Architecture, the Architect will provide architectural, technical, and design expertise while coordinating with Senior Architects and various engineering disciplines on the successful completion of assigned building projects. Your work will include managing projects from initiation and developing building programs through the phases of schematic, design development, construction documents, tender construction administration, and warranty phase. The ideal candidate will have strong technical knowledge of conceptual design, building planning, and construction documentation and administration. The architect must bring their knowledge of site, structure, science, and technology to every project in order to achieve client objectives for context, culture, and sustainability.
- Design safe, cost-effective, and efficient building layouts for the construction of new buildings, additions, and renovations of existing structures.
- Coordinate and manage activities of internal/external technical personnel, consultants, and service providers on various projects.
- Complete project designs on schedule and within budget.
- Work with project teams to resolve issues and remove roadblocks.
- Identify, analyze, and mitigate project risks.
- Ensure that safety is a top priority and work is carried out in accordance with the EastPoint approaches, building codes, and client standards.
- Assist with proposal preparation and marketing.
- Work collaboratively in an inclusive and respectful manner with EastPoint’s fully in-house Architecture and Engineering Team.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Environmental Design combined with eight (8) years of related experience.
- Registered member of the Nova Scotia Association of Architects (NSAA) or meet the requirements to register.
- Demonstrated experience leading and motivating a project team while inspiring confidence and creativity.
- Strong technical background and a firm understanding of the construction industry and engineering principles.
- Ability to identify energy-efficient architectural design solutions whenever possible to reduce consumption and operational costs of buildings.
- Experience working with client stakeholders and providing feedback or negotiating contracts and agreements.
- Excellent problem-solving skills while maintaining commitments to schedule, budget and project scope.
- Please note: Candidates must be able to obtain Secret Status through CISD as a requirement for employment.
Interested candidates should reach out to Tommy Grant via email@example.com
We embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, your application is welcome. Diversity is appreciated and there is understanding that we all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. Applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities are encouraged. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know.