Venor is proud to partner with the Co-operators in their search for an Associate Financial Advisor. As the Associate Financial Advisor, you will focus on developing and deepening client relationships by providing high-quality sales and financial services advice. You will be responsible to adhere to regulatory requirements and compliant sales practices and will drive sales growth in investments and life insurance through outbound prospecting and new client acquisitions.
Responsibilities as the Advisor:
- Contributing to the development and sustainable growth of the agency’s investment assets and providing client-centric investment services, including segregated funds and mutual funds solutions.
- Engaging with prospects to proactively build a sales pipeline and developing marketing plans to promote value-added advice-based financial services.
- Conducting needs analyses, reviewing client financial goals, providing recommendations in alignment with Know Your Client requirements, opening new accounts, and documenting recommendations or changes.
- Conducting regular reviews of client investment plans and identifying additional asset-gathering opportunities.
- Participating in events to create brand awareness and developing, maintaining, and cultivating community contacts to enhance agency visibility and maximize new business opportunities.
- You successfully build plans focused on expanding market penetration and apply an innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies, with a client-centric lens.
What we are looking for:
- You have one year of experience in the financial services industry, including experience in investment and/or life product sales.
- You have post-secondary (diploma/degree) education in a related discipline.
- You hold a Life License
- You hold a Mutual Funds License or are willing to be licensed in 3 months.
- You have or are working towards a Financial Planning designation, such as the Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), or Professional Financial Advisor (PFA) designation(s).
What to expect:
As a successful candidate, you must be a focused and driven individual with strong communication skills. You are someone who does not mind working extended hours as that will be required, someone who has their own vehicle and insurance as travel will also be required as a part of the job. This position also requires strict confidentiality with respect to the client’s medical history, financial status, and other personal information.
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
Interested candidates are asked to please forward their resumes to Tommy Grant via email at firstname.lastname@example.org