Venor is proud to partner with WLWP Wealth Planners in Burlington Ontario in their search for an Associate Investment Advisor for their Burlington Office.
The Associate Investment Advisor will guide and support a well-established client base by providing a full range of wealth management services such as investment advisory, tax and estate planning, life insurance, and business valuations.
Acting as a true business partner the Associate Investment advisor will consistently exercise their wealth planning and financial advisory technical knowledge to help WLWP’s clients achieve their financial goals. This is not an entry-level role, nor is it a sales or commission-based position. Working closely with the partners you will be part of the comprehensive approach taken for each client. The associate investment advisor will become the primary point of contact where they will take on specific advisory responsibilities.
The full support of a team of professionals with a broad level of skills and experience will be available to the successful candidate as the culture of WLWP is collaboration for their clients to succeed.
WLWP has been working with clients for more than two decades, assisting individuals, couples, families, and business owners to achieve their financial goals. They have seven offices across Canada with a team of 35 who work together to help clients define and achieve their financial goals.
Responsibilities as an Advisor:
- Advising client on financial planning and forecasting.
- Answering client calls and executing certain client requests.
- Booking meetings, managing schedules, and maintaining records.
- Preparing client files for meetings, processing and following up on paperwork.
- Ensure that client service commitments are met.
- Developing, executing, and maintaining compliant financial strategies for their clients.
- Meeting with clients on a regular basis to review all financial needs.
- Identify client goals, objectives, and risk attitude to ensure the suitability of the investment advisors’ recommendations.
- Display a high level of integrity and professionalism in all interactions with internal and external clients.
- Be accountable to firm policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements including continuing education obligations for all licenses and designations.
- Responding to client requests, inquiries, and concerns promptly and efficiently
- Ensuring all client interaction is accurately documented.
- Utilizing WLWP’s team approach and identifying opportunities that will benefit the client and making introductions to the team as required, such as discretionary Portfolio Managers, insurance specialists, and tax specialists.
To be successful:
- You are driven to improve a client’s financial wealth by educating clients on financial products and services offered by WLWP.
- Are passionate about building relationships, offering honest, transparent financial advice, and keen to support your client’s goals.
- You have clear, understandable written and oral communication abilities, are curious by nature, are attentive, and have strong active listening skills.
- Collaborative, team-based, and know when to ask for help.
- Have a strong sense of urgency, are detail oriented, have strong time management, planning, and scheduling abilities, and are flexible and malleable as priorities change.
- Have an Entrepreneurial mindset and are excited to be an expert in wealth management.
What we are looking for:
- You will have three years of experience in the financial advisory/wealth planning industry where you have guided clients with investment, business, insurance, estate, and retirement financial planning needs.
- You have post-secondary education, preferably within accounting, finance, business, or entrepreneurship.
- Have completed a Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH).
- You have or are working towards a Financial Planning designation, such as the Certified Financial Planner (CFP).
As a successful candidate, you must be a focused and driven individual with strong communication skills. This position also requires strict confidentiality with respect to the client’s history, financial status, and other personal information.
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
Interested candidates are asked to please forward their resumes to James Willies or Dan McDonald at James@venor.ca or email@example.com