Venor is proud to partner with Lawson Creamer Lawyers in their search for an Associate Lawyer – Litigation.
As an Associate Lawyer, you will play a key role in our firm’s litigation practice by providing legal advice, conducting research, preparing legal documents, and representing clients in various court proceedings. This position offers an excellent opportunity to work on challenging and diverse cases while developing your legal expertise.
What you’ll be doing
- Performing high quality legal work and fostering strong interpersonal relationships with clients and coworkers
- Working collaboratively within an established client relationship management structure
- Managing a wide variety of files and tasks
- Taking the initiative to assist in high volume focused work to drive client satisfaction and maintain an acceptable amount of quality work as set out by the firm
- Demonstrating passion for the law and its application to clients’ problems
- Pursuing continual self-improvement and approaching day-to-day work with humility
- Maintaining a monthly minimum of billable hours as set out by the firm.
As a successful candidate you will be a member in good standing with the Law Society of New Brunswick and have a minimum of 5 to 8 years’ experience in litigation. You should possess sound interpersonal and communication skills, be self-motivated with good organizational skills, a sincere passion for law practice and a demonstrated commitment to client service. You must be able to work both independently and in a team environment. The ability to speak and write in both English and French is an asset.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).