Our client, a Canadian-based IT company, has an opportunity for a Business Analyst to join their growing team in Charlottetown, PEI.
As a Business Analyst, you get to demonstrate your versatility doing everything from detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and performing some user acceptance testing. You have a natural analytical way of thinking and enjoy being able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical folks. Additionally, there is the opportunity to make an impact – ensuring the goals and objectives of the project align with the organization’s overall business strategy.
What you’ll be doing:
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Performing requirements analysis.
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Working closely with clients, software developers, and managerial staff.
- Allocating resources and maintaining cost efficiency.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Familiarity with SharePoint, MS Project, Automated QA and wire-framing or visualization tools; is an asset.
- Experience working with Agile development processes is an asset.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
What’s in it for you:
- Challenging, satisfying working that is helping empower professionals in essential services
- Extended health and dental benefits, pension, and professional development opportunities
- Flexible working hours and competitive vacation allowances
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.