About WCB Nova Scotia
The Workers’ Compensation Board of Nova Scotia (WCB) is the province’s provider of workplace injury insurance. We inform and inspire Nova Scotians in the prevention of workplace injury. But if it occurs, we support those whose lives it touches by championing a timely return to safe and healthy work. We also provide caring, compassionate support in the wake of workplace tragedy. Our employees describe the culture as Collaborative, Evolving, Service-Minded and Team-Focused.
About The Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager, Solution Delivery, the Business Systems Analyst has prime accountability for converting system requirements into system functionality. You will ensure the solution meets the defined system requirements, the system is designed to allow for flexible configuration, the system is developed on the current toolset and infrastructure supported by the IT department, the changes and/or new system are integrated into the current application environment, and that systems are designed so they can be efficiently monitored and supported from an operations perspective.
You will have the opportunity to work with other team members within IT and Corporate Development (and other Organization Units as required), to ensure the smooth introduction and changes of application systems, and a number of other responsibilities, including:
- Supporting, directing, and guiding the delivery team through the development phases of the project, and supporting the functional test and acceptance test phases
- Contribute to Azure development projects including migration, implementation, database design and documentation
- Ensuring industry as well as in-house standards are followed throughout the delivery process
- Construct estimates for deliverables using standard industry practices and tools
- Ensuring the scope control/change control principles are applied to the delivery process, and a delivery schedule and plan are constructed
- Managing the delivery according to the agreed-upon schedule, providing status reporting and risk identification throughout the delivery process
- Making key decisions regarding the development of the system and is responsible for the integrity of the system/project being delivered
As the ideal candidate, you satisfy the following requirements:
- A university degree in computer science or related fields, such as mathematics, engineering, or physics
- A university degree plus completion of a 1-year certificate program in business computing from a recognized technical school
- Graduation from a community college or technical school 2-year or 3-year program in business computing
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in business analysis or development, the definition of business requirements, the design of business systems, or leading teams and planning efforts
- 2+ years of experience in IT project management and the use of a planning tool (ie Microsoft Project)
- Experience leading MS365 and cloud migrations and the implementation of MS Power Apps
- An understanding of release management and the need to keep applications up to date (SAP, Salesforce, Guidewire or custom applications)
WCB offers a competitive compensation package including a salary range of $72,845 to $90,997. Interested candidates can send their resume to Steph MacIntosh via email@example.com. Any offer of employment will be conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks, including a criminal record check and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the WCB.
Venor and WCB embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. WCB Nova Scotia is an equal-opportunity employer committed to supporting and developing our employees. Visit their website at www.wcb.ns.ca. WCB Nova Scotia champions safety and promotes a diverse and respectful workplace. They are a scent and allergy-reduced environment.