About CAA Atlantic
CAA Atlantic: Shaping the Future of Travel and Safety in Atlantic Canada
At CAA Atlantic, we’re not just a company; we’re a driving force in the modern world of Atlantic Canada. With a rich history dating back to 1947, we are deeply rooted in our region, but our vision is firmly fixed on the future. Our mission? To revolutionize the way people experience safety, travel, and well-being in the 21st century.
Serving our members with pride across the four Atlantic Provinces – New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador – we’re not your typical organization. As a forward-thinking, not-for-profit, we’re committed to pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. Here’s what you can expect when you join our team:
- Innovative Services and Products: We offer cutting-edge services and products that redefine convenience and peace of mind. From state-of-the-art Emergency Road Service to world-class travel agency benefits, a comprehensive range of innovative insurance products, and an enticing Rewards program, we are at the forefront of delivering value to our members.
- Advocacy for Progress: We’re not just about serving our members; we’re about shaping the future of travel and safety. Our advocacy efforts lead the way in promoting progressive and sustainable travel practices, ensuring a brighter and safer future for all.
- Trusted Innovation: CAA Atlantic is not just a trusted name; it’s a trusted innovator. We’ve earned the honor of being recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers because we’re more than just a workplace – we’re a community that fosters growth, inclusivity, and belonging.
If you’re looking to be part of a company that’s leading the charge in modernizing the travel and safety industry, look no further. As a four-time recipient of the Most Trusted Brand in Canada over the past five years, we’re on an unwavering journey to become the most trusted member-focused organization and top employer in Atlantic Canada. Join us and be part of the future with CAA Atlantic. Together, we’ll drive innovation, ensure safety, and redefine the way Atlantic Canada experiences the world.
About the Opportunity
Are you a highly organized, tech-savvy, and dynamic individual eager to make your mark in a modern and supportive environment? We’re seeking a CEO & Board Relations Associate who is ready to take the reins and drive success. As someone who thrives on collaboration and has a knack for internal communications, you will be at the heart of CAA Atlantic’s operations, providing critical support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Board of Directors.
The CEO & Board Relations Associate play a crucial role in maintaining positive relationships between CAA Atlantic and its Board of Directors. This role serves as a right-hand person to the CEO managing communication, coordinating board-related activities, and supporting governance functions.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Serve as the primary point of contact between the Board of Directors and the organization.
- Facilitate clear and timely communication between Board members and relevant stakeholders.
- Draft, review, and distribute official communications, announcements, and reports on behalf of the Board.
Governance and Compliance:
- Stay updated on relevant regulations, bylaws, and governance guidelines.
- Assist in ensuring CAA Atlantic’s compliance with legal and regulatory requirements related to Board activities.
- Maintain records of Board activities, decisions, and governance documents.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for Board member training, orientation, and development.
- Collaborate with the CEO or executive leadership to develop, implement, and monitor the organization’s strategic plans and initiatives.
- Collaborate with Board committees on specific projects and initiatives.
- Support board-related research and data collection for strategic planning.
- Conduct research and analysis to inform decision-making and support long-term goals.
- Support special projects, initiatives, and key organizational objectives on behalf of the executive leadership.
- Ensure projects align with strategic priorities and are completed on time and within budget.
- Schedule and organize Board meetings, committee meetings, and related events.
- Collaborate with Board leadership to set agendas, prepare meeting materials, and ensure timely distribution to board members.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, reports, and documents for Board meetings.
- Provide administrative support to Board members, including travel arrangements, expense reimbursements, and meeting logistics.
- Coordinate follow-up actions and track progress.
- Coordinate Board retreats, workshops, and educational sessions as needed.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, such as Board members and industry partners
- Serve as a central point of contact between the CEO and various departments, staff, and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and review internal and external communications, including speeches, presentations, and reports.
- Represent the CEO or leadership team at meetings and events when necessary.
- Analyze data and metrics to provide insights and recommendations for improving organizational performance and decision-making.
- Identify opportunities for improving internal policies, processes, and procedures.
- Implement changes that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
As the ideal candidate, you have a recent MBA degree or post-secondary education in Public Relations/Communications or a related field. You have 3+ years of relevant work experience where you have developed exceptional writing, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills. Your impeccable organizational and project management skills have served you well when successfully delivering on internal projects or client engagements. A tech guru, you embrace the latest tools and software to increase efficiency and productivity. You are a communications wizard, with a passion for crafting emails, reports, and presentations that are clear, concise, and captivating. Discretion and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost professionalism will be essential to success in this role.
- Innovation-Focused: We embrace technology and encourage fresh ideas. We want your input on how we can streamline processes, increase efficiency, and stay ahead of the game.
- Professional Growth: We’re invested in your growth. You’ll have access to continuous learning opportunities, mentorship, and the chance to attend industry events.
- Work-Life Balance: We get it – life happens outside the office too. We offer flexible hours, remote work options, and a supportive team that understands the importance of balance.
- Tech Integration: We’re not stuck in the past. We leverage technology to work smarter, not harder.
- Purpose-Driven: Our work goes beyond profit; we’re making a positive impact on our community and the world.
- Inclusive Culture: We celebrate diversity and promote an inclusive environment where everyone’s voice is heard.
- Sustainability: We’re committed to eco-friendly practices and reducing our carbon footprint.
Diversity & Inclusion
Venor and CAA Atlantic embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, racially visible minorities, women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities.
As a member-driven organization, CAA Atlantic is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live. It is important to this organization that every employee can reach their full potential, and we recognize that diverse perspectives enhance their collective innovation, creativity and allow them to provide amazing service to their Members.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request accommodation. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with Nada Halaweh when they apply.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers and Most Trusted Brand in Canada. Interested candidates are asked to please forward their cover letter and resume to Shardeigh McGillivray via email@example.com and Nada Halaweh via firstname.lastname@example.org