World Energy GH2 is a Newfoundland and Labrador-based renewable energy company that is affiliated with World Energy LLC, one of the world’s leading renewable fuel manufacturers. The organization is focused on harnessing Newfoundland and Labrador’s wind energy to develop the fuel of the future. World Energy GH2’s Project Nujio’qonik aims to be North America’s first commercial green hydrogen/ammonia producer created from 3+ Gigawatts of wind energy in one of the world’s best wind resource regions. As World Energy GH2 focuses on progressing various project development milestones, advancing this new industry in Canada, and contributing to climate change mitigation on a large scale, an outstanding team is required to support and develop this innovative project.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) is responsible for driving the commercial strategy and ensuring the overall success of Project Nujio’qonik. Of paramount importance to this role is building on World Energy’s strong Offtake strategy and executing flawlessly on the same. This strategic role will oversee various aspects of the project’s commercial operations, including Offtake, energy market positioning, business development, long lead item contact negotiation, and key vendor and OEM contract negotiation. The CCO will work closely with the project team, executive leadership, and external partners to optimize revenue opportunities, establish strategic partnerships, and contribute to the project’s overall profitability.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Enhance current WEGH2 Offtake strategy ensuring alignment with the project’s goals and objectives;
- Lead and manage the commercial team, providing guidance and direction in areas such as sales, energy marketing, business development, and contracting;
- Identify and evaluate potential market opportunities, and strategic partnerships to maximize project profitability and accelerate the overall project schedule;
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to establish commercial agreements, contracts, and partnerships;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, suppliers, government entities, and regulatory bodies;
- Oversee energy marketing, ensuring the project’s value proposition is effectively communicated to the target audiences and true value is being generated from these efforts;
- Monitor market trends, industry developments, and competitor activities to identify opportunities and potential risks, and make informed recommendations to mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities;
- Develop and implement pricing strategies and negotiation tactics to optimize revenue generation while maintaining competitive positioning;
- Collaborate closely with the project management team to ensure commercial considerations are integrated into project planning and execution;
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to evaluate the effectiveness of commercial activities and make data-driven decisions.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you will have a post-secondary degree with at least 7-10 years in executive-level leadership, and/or equivalent education and experience. You demonstrate proven experience in a senior commercial leadership role and additionally possess a degree of renewable energy technical knowledge and experience. Experience in the renewable energy sector and mega-project development is an asset. You bring knowledge and understanding of commercial economics, financial modeling, risk analysis, market dynamics, regulatory frameworks and commercial considerations in local, regional, national and international contexts. Your strong business acumen, strategic thinking, and analytical skills empower you to make informed decisions based on market insight and data analysis. An appreciation for and experience with local, provincial and national politics is considered an asset. You have a proven ability to successfully develop and execute commercial strategies, drive revenue and growth, and manage complex commercial and regulatory relationships by utilizing your excellent negotiation skills, and communication skills. As an executive leader, you are competent in managing and developing high-performing teams in complex and dynamic environments. You demonstrate a commitment to ethical business practices, sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
Both World Energy GH2 and Venor are committed to an inclusive hiring process that actively recognizes diversity and embraces a wide range of perspectives. World Energy GH2 is committed to building a workplace culture of equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging. Applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities are encouraged. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know.