The roles and approach to policing have seen unprecedented change as the sources and importance to the analysis and distribution of information continually evolves. The Halifax Regional Police (HRP) face increasing public expectations and scrutiny around their adoption of digital technology in their approaches to identifying, responding to and preventing crime in Halifax and more broadly to their local, national and international partners.
Venor has partnered with HRP for the recruitment of a senior IT executive as their Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). The CISO reports to the Superintendent in charge of Administration and the role includes a secondary reporting relationship to the Chief Information Officer for Halifax Regional Municipality in matters relating to HRM ICT. The CISO would work with the Executive Management team to further develop and evolve the IT strategy for HRP. In addition to developing a strategic view of IT service delivery, security and operations, the CISO would be the senior IT resource for HRP and act as its liaison for IT related matters with Halifax Regional Municipality, Halifax Fire Department, and various partner agencies.
The CISO would have direct responsibilities for the delivery of IT services related to policing including:
- Strategy and transformation roadmap development and execution
- Security related to HRP IT infrastructure, data and physical presence (including covert and semi-covert systems)
- Communication- systems only (IES & TMR2, mobile devices) used by HRP officers to communicate policing information
- Liaise with the Superintendent of Criminal Investigation Division with respect to the management of covert and semi-covert IT systems.
- Liaise with HRM Information Communication Technology (ICT) on shared infrastructure, applications and systems which are complementary to HRPD operations
- Establishing a vendor management governance process and related controls
- Establishing service level objectives, tracking and reporting processes
- Establishing on-going security considerations and controls to protect all HRP IT systems appropriately
- Management of a team of dedicated resources within the HRP Strategic Technology Integration Unit (STIU) who are responsible for:
- HRP application – support
- HRP application implementation projects
- HRP infrastructure support
- HRP infrastructure implementation or maintenance projects
- Report to the HRP Executive Management Team, and liaise with other agencies as necessary on HRP IT related issues and future projects
- Assessment of emerging IT trends related to policing, the impact on costs, benefit realization analysis, applicability within HRP and service delivery related concerns
- Represent HRP on a national and international basis as required related to IT and policing
As the ideal candidate, you have a University Degree in an Information Technology related field, combined with a minimum ten (10) years progressively more responsible IM/IT management and leadership experience including:
- Five (5) or more years as a department head, responsible for managing all information, technology and automated business systems and related processes for an organization with a complex IT infrastructure supporting 800 users or more
- Demonstrated experience in leading and project managing transformation of a large IM / IT organization
- Building and growing a high-performance IT delivery and operations environment and team which is aligned to specific roadmap implementation processes
- Establishing a continuous improvement / innovation program within an IM / IT organization
- Managing the development of enterprise-wide IT architectures, utilizing a defined system development life cycle (SDLC) including the use of Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of appropriate control frameworks, e.g., CobIT, ISO27001/02 Demonstrated experience in the operations of data centers, network operation centers and telecommunication systems
- Demonstrated experience in the development of long-range financial planning, business case development and financial reporting for IT operations
- Strategic program development and implementation
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and tracking of various IT policies and processes
- Preference for individuals with Cyber investigation, information management or IT security experience related to online use of information and dissemination
This is your opportunity to drive new innovation in law enforcement for the betterment and safety of your community here in Halifax. If you are a proven technology executive with an extensive background in IT infrastructure, change management and service delivery, send your cover letter and resume to Shardeigh McGillivray, Partner via firstname.lastname@example.org by January 21st, 2022.
This is an in-person work environment and proof of vaccination is required.
Venor and HRP value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.