Our client, Hatch Ltd, is a global multidisciplinary management, engineering, and development consultancy. Their global network of 9,000 professionals combines vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects. Hatch’s experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investment market sectors. On behalf of Hatch, Venor is searching for a Civil Designer to join their Dynamic Earth Solutions group in our Halifax, NS office.
As a Civil Designer, you will be responsible for the production of 3D models and 2D drawings in accordance with project requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complete quantity takeoff from developed Civil models
- In conjunction with engineers Produce 2D Civil drawings, such as Road plans and profiles, grading plans and sections, etc.
- Participate in project teams and manage assignments within the overall project framework
- Develop conceptual layout work
- Production of As-Built drawings
- Coordinate with designers and engineers of other disciplines
- Mentor junior and intermediate designers
- Adhere to and develop company/client CAD standards for all production drawings
- Perform clash detection of models with other discipline models
- In conjunction with engineering staff, produce detailed engineering drawings and documentation for identified and approved concepts/projects
- Participation in formal engineering review processes
- Verify onsite conditions and perform detailed site surveys where required
Qualifications and Experience:
As a successful candidate, you will have a Diploma of Technology, Design, and Construction or Equivalent, with a minimum of 7 years of professional experience. The successful candidate will have the ability to design a 3D environment and has sufficient experience working with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary project team and possess excellent communication and organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
If this opportunity interests you and seems like the next career move for you please reach out to Tommy Grant via firstname.lastname@example.org