Our client, Hatch Ltd, is a global multidisciplinary management, engineering, and development consultancy. Their global network of 9,000 professionals combines vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects. Hatch’s experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investment market sectors. On behalf of Hatch, we are searching for a Civil Engineer to join their Dynamic Earth Solutions group in our Halifax, NS office.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As the Civil Engineer, you will join the Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) group which specializes in site planning, spatial information, digital terrain modeling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting, and water resource management through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise.
- You will complete design work in areas of mass and detailed earthworks, site grading and drainage, roads, ponds, utilities trenching, backfilling, concrete foundation excavation, stormwater management, sewage network installation, and testing
- You will implement and manage the design of infrastructure and industrial projects by coordinating with multi-disciplinary teams, providing guidance and mentorship to team members, completing technical reviews, preparing project specifications, and using your knowledge to solve complex engineering problems
- You will validate assumptions related to site conditions and information derived from interpolation/extrapolation during the design phase
- You will ensure civil design work is being executed in accordance with the design intent, and criteria, within the project scope and follows regulations from civil concept drawings and specifications
- You will support the field engineering team to ensure the design intent and project QA/QC procedures are being followed in accordance with construction specifications along with completing risk assessments, dispute resolution, RFI’s, commissioning, etc.
- You will assist with bid proposals, project scheduling, budget monitoring, and business development
What We’re Looking For:
As the ideal candidate, you have a degree in civil engineering combined with a minimum of 7 years of experience in a related industry. You have your P.Eng designation or are working towards it. You have demonstrated design and construction site experience in mass/detailed earthworks, site grading, storm drainage, access roads, sewers, earth structures, and knowledge of municipal standards for large projects.
As the successful candidate, you are an excellent team player and have strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work with multi-discipline engineering teams and clients. You are self-motivated, organized, and able to manage competing priorities appropriately.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
Interested candidates are asked to please forward their resumes to Erika Hildebrand via email@example.com and Tommy Grant via firstname.lastname@example.org