Venor is proud to partner with Harbour Construction in the search for a Site Supervisor to join their team in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. For over 70 years, Harbour Construction Limited has been providing civil contracting services to Public and Private Sector commercial and industrial clients throughout Nova Scotia.
• Working from blueprints to layout and executing all types of excavations.
• Conducting site visits prior to construction projects.
• Planning and scheduling crews and/or subcontractors.
• Leading the grading, bedding, and back-filling of all types of excavations.
• Assessing material requirements and assembly of all underground utilities and services.
• Assisting Project Managers with scheduling and coordinating project sub-trades.
• Maintaining safe and proper working order of all tools and equipment on-site.
• Identifying discrepancies in drawings and tenders and capturing extra work as required.
What we are looking for:
As a successful candidate, you have 7+ years of experience in managing civil construction projects. You have strong communication skills with the ability to coach and mentor employees on your team. You can perform material take-offs to meet project specifications and can interpret drawings, develop, and plan work schedules. A certification in Heavy Equipment Operations and a DZ license are required.
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status. Interested candidates are asked to please forward their résumé to Tommy Grant via email@example.com