Our global client is an industry leader within financial services who is quickly gaining a reputation as one of the top employer brands in Atlantic Canada due to its entrepreneurial, innovative, and people-focused culture. They have attracted some of the best Microsoft talents in and to our region, and enjoy making a real impact on a global organization that focuses on outstanding client service, intelligent risk-taking, and superior risk-adjusted returns for their shareholders. As a member of the company, you join a team that is among the best in the industry. And the team is now seeking a Cloud Engineer who can comnternet to the design and planning of Hybrid IT Infrastructure.
The Cloud Engineer will deliver high quality systems engineering and design expertise. The engineer will work as part of the Platform Engineering unit, within the global IT organization. They will be responsible for contributing to the design and planning of the company’s IT infrastructure on any number of projects. Additionally, the Cloud Engineer will contribute to projects led by other teams from initial design, through to integration, implementation, and transition to operations.
The ideal candidate will possess previous Platform Engineering experience spanning Cloud and Datacenter. Knowledge with Azure IaaS & PaaS services, Cloud Management Platforms, and automation is a must, as well as solid knowledge of technologies including Office 365, Databases, Storage and Backups, and other enterprise IT products. Advanced experience in Azure DevOps, ARM templates, and workload automation/orchestration products is highly advantageous. The Cloud Engineer will be comfortable working as part of a multi-skilled team, in a fast-paced environment, and will possess strong communication and relationship building skills. Previous project work experience is a must, while insurance or consultancy experience is desirable.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with solution, security, and other engineering teams to design clear and effective solutions for infrastructure and enterprise application projects
- Acting as subject matter expert on Cloud and Datacenter technologies, developing detailed design and implementation documentation, working closely with Platform Engineers and Operations Leads to define technology roadmap and develop future projects and initiatives
- Designing, documenting and executing infrastructure projects; working alongside other engineers, project managers and solution providers
- Ensuring all designs adhere to established solution architecture standards
- Working closely with the business project teams, assisting in project planning and coordination of delivery activities
- Facilitating and executing delivery of Cloud Engineering services to business projects
- Implementing project changes to infrastructure, systems and applications; ensuring adherence to Change Management and other IT service management processes
- Acting as technology liaison between the project and the Operations teams, ensuring transparency and readiness for transition into operational support
- Preparing projects for transition to Operations, providing post- Go-Live support in some cases
- Working with the Infrastructure Operations team to ensure capacity planning/monitoring
- Maintaining awareness to systems and network security, and ensuring compliance with security policies while designing and implementing new solutions
- Maintaining a current knowledge of technologies and ability to integrate said technologies within the enterprise
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Cloud Engineering, at least 3 years in Hybrid Cloud environment and/or similar military experience
- Strong experience in IT systems & platforms, particularly hands-on experience with Microsoft products including SQL, and VMware products
- Experience with cloud and datacenter networking, firewall, vpn; including troubleshooting, design, and implementation
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft 365 services, Active Directory and Azure AD, Identity Management
- Strong Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code and Configuration-as-Code tools, ARM Templates, JSON, YAML
- Extensive knowledge of cloud architecture frameworks built on cost optimization, operational excellence, performance efficiency, reliability and security
- Deep knowledge of Azure Policy, Azure RBAC/IAM, Subscription Management, Azure Locks, Azure Security Center, Azure Networking/Network Security, Key Vaults, etc.
- Experience in migrating or refactoring on-premise servers and applications for a cloud environment
- Awareness of ITIL best practice for IT Service Management
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Able to think and act independently, negotiate delicate grounds, and recruit others to their cause
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, must be proficient developing and delivering infrastructure design documentation, diagrams and implementation procedures
- Strong Word, Excel and Visio skills
- Independent, self-motivator, with initiative and willingness to learn new skills
Considered an Asset:
- Powershell/Powershell DSC
- Azure CLI
- Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Azure Logic Apps, Function Apps, APIM, App Gateway
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.