Our client, M-Files, is the intelligent information management platform that helps companies make smart connections across the business and automate critical processes. The M-Files platform utilizes artificial intelligence to break down information silos and unify systems, data, and content. Recently recognized by Gartner as a “visionary” among the top global Content Services brands, M-Files is now home to more than 500 employees (M‐Filers) who help to serve over 5,000 customers (including NBC Universal, OMV, Rovio, SAS Institute, and ThyssenKrupp) in over 100 countries.
With an internationally distributed team, M-Files has chosen Fredericton, New Brunswick, and Atlantic Canada more broadly to build out a dedicated, global AI Development group. They are now entering into a period of very exciting growth, spurred both by increased consumer demand and an impressive $80 million growth investment. If you want to be a part of a forward-thinking organization that supports and enables its employees while working on cutting-edge AI-powered technology – this could be the opportunity for you!
What you’ll be doing:
As an M-Files Senior Cloud Specialist, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the provisioning, maintaining, and monitoring our cloud infrastructure hosted on Microsoft Azure. Reporting to the Director of Cloud DevOps, you will work closely with our customers to answer questions and solve problems with our R&D and consultants. You will be required to make decisions related to correctly scaling and managing our cloud infrastructure to provide a world class cloud-hosted environment for M-Files SaaS offerings. You’ll also have the chance to:
- Oversee daily operations to provide high quality, high availability services, customer focused operations support and on-time deliveries that meet and exceed customer’s expectations
- Monitor and prioritize service requests, manage escalations, and participate in solving technical challenges to ensure prompt and high-quality solutions
- Provide functional guidance for remote Technical Support Specialists
- Participate in DevOps collaboration with Cloud R&D and contribute to SaaS environment and solution design
- Work with customers on migrating existing vault environments to, from, or within the cloud
- Troubleshoot Azure and M-Files related issues affecting the availability or deployment schedules of cloud vaults and servers
- Perform and deliver vault backups to customers
- Setup various SSO mechanisms such as OKTA, Azure AD, Google, along with configuring User Group synchronizations via SCIM and plugin methods
- Configure or troubleshoot relevant vault configurations and applications
- Deploy, destroy, and troubleshoot vault deployments including data sanitation
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Strong hands-on experience with Windows environments, good understanding of computer networks
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud environment and experience in target environments like Windows, Windows Azure, iOS, Android and Web browsers
- Experience and working knowledge of databases, preferably MS SQL Server
- Familiarity with internal deployment tools, Azure portal, SQL Server Management Studio,
- Postman, and PowerShell
- Experience with configuration management, resource allocation, optimizing performance capacity, and ensuring that compliance burden and service level agreements are met
- Ability to make decisions related to improving cost savings while ensuring high availability of our services
- Experience in technical problem solving and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge of Scrum and ability to drive projects to completion
- Proven ability to communicate ideas, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen to customers and translate their needs into specific actions and solutions
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for learning new methods and techniques
- Experience working with document/content management systems, an asset
What’s in it for you:
Innovation: M-Files offer “MyTime” – meaning you can do whatever you want with 20% of your working time, as long as you feel that it benefits the company. From trying out new technology, experimenting with new product concepts, or coding new features – you decide what you want to do with your MyTime.
Tech: A cutting-edge cloud stack built on Microsoft Azure leveraging AI technology. These are the tools you’ll work with on a daily basis.
Perks: Employee stock options, an at-home office set up for remote employees, health and dental, and ample professional development opportunities.
Flexibility: Work where you are at your best – this is a remote-friendly position, but you’ll get bonus points if you’re located in Fredericton or Atlantic Canada-based.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please reach out!
At both Venor and M-Files, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status. Interested candidates can forward their resume in confidence to Nick Misener at email@example.com or Anna Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org.