Venor is proud to partner with our client Champlain Seafood, who is seeking a Controller based out of their Moncton, New Brunswick office. Champlain Seafood focuses on Atlantic lobster and snow crab sourced from the Canadian Maritimes and American Northeast.
The Controller will be responsible for all activities within accounting & finance, including all aspects of financial management, corporate accounting and internal controls. Closely working with senior management and executive team, you will be responsible for analyzing, recommending, and implementing necessary improvements across the finance landscape of the business. The chosen candidate will participate in developing and monitoring the annual strategic plan, participating at management meetings, giving analysis on the financial impact of any business and operational issues.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Develop, implement and analyze all financial controls and procedures within the organization ensuring adequate and maintenance of proper policies and procedures in the areas of finance, accounting, and tax to ensure complete, accurate and timely financial reporting
- Evaluate all current policies and practices within financial department to drive continuous improvement, research, and analysis in all financial accounting matters
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendation for improvement and implementing new processes
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly financial statement packages
- Responsible for leading the annual Review Engagements and Audit Engagements
The successful candidate will be an experienced finance professional, with 5+ years of financial reporting experience, combined with a post-secondary education in a related field. A professional designation (CPA, CA, CMA) is required. If you are looking to join a company that is in growth mode and enjoy digging into the details, then this is the role for you!
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
For more information on this role, please reach out to Senior Consultant Alex Armsworthy via email@example.com.