LCL Excavations is a municipal infrastructure contractor that services the Maritime Provinces. LCL Excavations work with land developers’ and owners, municipalities and government to deliver highly efficient municipal infrastructure projects.
Venor is proud to partner with LCL Excavations to recruit a Controller to join their head office in Charlo NB. Reporting to the General Manager, the Controller will manage and lead a team that is responsible for all accounting and finance systems and processes for the company. The successful candidate will play a role on the leadership team providing insight on all financial matters.
- Oversee the accounting team with all account payables, account receivables and payroll in determining proper coding and timeliness.
- Forecast cash over the following weeks and months with reasonable accuracy.
- Implement practical procedure changes to increase forecast accuracy.
- Oversee and optimize fixed asset depreciation strategy.
- Ensure assets cost allocations to projects and subaccounts.
- Maintain strategically appropriate relationships, negotiate terms, and present reports.
- Optimize loans & leases for cashflow.
- Assist and advise on investment decisions.
- Work along with third parties’ software suppliers to progressively eliminate any dual entries or otherwise inefficient data entry processes.
- Pull data from multiple sources including HubSpot CRM, Acumatica ERP and HCSS Project Management software and simplify data to a few relevant numbers
- Oversee multi-company accounting to ensure proper overhead allocation and tax optimization.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of accounting experience. The candidate will work with their team to provide and maintain accurate and timely financial reporting. The Controller will work closely with all business units managers in supporting the overall corporate strategy while supporting the achievement of business unit goals.
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader of people, great communication skills and a self starter, bilingual will be an asset. This is a great career opportunity with lots of opportunity to grow with the company.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).