About WCB Nova Scotia
On behalf of WCB Nova Scotia, Venor is recruiting a Cyber Security Analyst to join their team and to support their Enterprise Architecture Group.
It’s an exciting time to work for the WCB – they have undergone a significant business transformation to better meet the needs of those they serve. They don’t just provide workplace injury insurance to approximately 19,500 employers and 335,000 workers across the province but also work with employers to help prevent injuries. In addition, they keep Nova Scotians safe, healthy, and on the job, supporting them when their lives are impacted by workplace injury. WCB Nova Scotia is consistently recognized as a Top Employer in Atlantic Canada and in Nova Scotia and has also been recognized nationally as a Top 100 Employer and as one of the Most Admired Corporate Cultures. WCB Nova Scotia champions safety and promotes a diverse and respectful workplace.
About The Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager, ESIM, the Cyber Security Analyst (CSA) plays a role in the effective execution of the WCB NS’s information and cybersecurity operations. The CSA works collaboratively with the Information Technology Services teams to identify, capture, and respond to information security risks and technical vulnerabilities using a variety of tools and strategies. The CSA contributes to the ongoing evolution of the WCB NS information and cyber security program in response to an ever-changing cybersecurity landscape, and will also have several responsibilities, including:
- Supporting vulnerability management efforts by conducting regular vulnerability scans, tabulating results, monitoring and tracking remediation efforts, and preparing reports on vulnerability management trends within the organization
- Reviewing issues identified through security monitoring tools and logs for potential threats, investigating and escalating incidents as required
- Providing support in identifying system hardening procedures and strategies to improve the organization’s cyber security posture
- Supporting the team by conducting cyber security risk assessments of new technology products, systems, and services being considered for adoption by the WCB
- Participating in cyber security enhancement initiatives throughout the project lifecycle
- Maintaining knowledge and awareness of recent cyber security trends
- Responding to general cyber and information security inquiries for front-line business team members
- Supporting the review and refinement of security policies and procedures
- Reviewing security bulletins and providing input on emergency security patches as needed
- Reviewing user submissions of potential phishes and providing response measures for phishing attempts as needed
- Reviewing firewall policies and proposing improvements as needed
- Assisting in user access control management and maintenance
- Performing other duties to support enterprise security, information protection, and data privacy, as required
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- A minimum of two years experience in an information technology role with at least one year of information/cyber security experience
- Knowledge and experience in the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy, an asset
- Security-related certification/designation, or the willingness to achieve such within 6 months of your start date
- A university degree in computer science or related field, such as mathematics, engineering or physics
- A university degree plus completion of a one-year certificate program in business computing from a recognized technical school
- Graduation from a community college or technical school two or three-year program in business computing
WCB Nova Scotia offers a comprehensive overall compensation package including a salary range of $62,924-78,664. An offer of employment is conditional upon obtaining a satisfactory security (criminal record) check.
Venor and WCB are equal-opportunity employers committed to supporting and developing employees. Interested candidates can send their resume in confidence to Steph MacIntosh via firstname.lastname@example.org.