About WCB Nova Scotia
On behalf of WCB Nova Scotia, Venor is recruiting a Data Analyst to join their team and to support their Enterprise Architecture Group.
It’s an exciting time to work for the WCB – they have undergone a significant business transformation to better meet the needs of those they serve. They don’t just provide workplace injury insurance to approximately 19,500 employers and 335,000 workers across the province but also work with employers to help prevent injuries. In addition, they keep Nova Scotians safe, healthy, and on the job, supporting them when their lives are impacted by workplace injury. WCB Nova Scotia is consistently recognized as a Top Employer in Atlantic Canada and in Nova Scotia and has also been recognized nationally as a Top 100 Employer and as one of the Most Admired Corporate Cultures. WCB Nova Scotia champions safety and promotes a diverse and respectful workplace.
About The Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Security and Information Management, the Data Analyst participates in ITS projects as the data specialist and must focus on ensuring that any System development or enhancements meet the WCB’s Information Architecture and Data Quality standards; ensures that Data Quality is appropriately tested and verified within all our production systems; ensures that any changes to the WB’s databases are properly structured, designed, and documented. The Data Analyst also maintains knowledge of current methodologies and technologies regarding data management, data design, and decision support systems; supports internal users of the WCB’s Data Resource; as well as participates as an active member of the WCB’s Stats & Data Committee. Also, the Data Analyst has specific Data Warehouse responsibilities:
- Manages the technical architecture of the Data Warehouse and makes recommendations regarding improvements/enhancements to the architecture that will increase the benefits the Board is able to derive from the Data Warehouse. This involves developing a strong working relationship with the existing vendor base and the WCB’s Technical Infrastructure Group for the Board’s Data Warehouse software and hardware environments and maintaining a current knowledge regarding Data Warehouse technology.
- Manages the daily operational services for the Data Warehouse including ensuring the stability of the environment and fulfilling the needs of the Data Warehouse user community.
- Act as the Technical Architect and Development Team Lead for any future Data Warehouse initiatives.
As the ideal candidate, you satisfy the following requirements:
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in data analysis and data/information management as well as project management, the definition of business requirements, and leading teams and planning efforts
- A high level of skill in the structured systems analysis of business problems and the design and construction of database solutions.
- Ability to evaluate manual and automated records systems and make recommendations to senior management and users.
- Ability to research alternatives in records management and participate in the negotiation of vendor contracts and agreements.
- A high level of skill in information management which includes data description, data quality, data documentation, and data modelling.
- A high level of skill in time estimating techniques, project management, situational leadership, as well as proven skills in the direction and overall project management of a team of computer programmers, including the development of short and long range realistic plans for the teams in order to meet office needs.
- Experience recommending software acquisitions by performing cost benefits analysis and in interacting with vendors.
- Ability to analyse application systems to ensure data is being properly maintained.
- Ability to analyse and measure data quality (integrity, accuracy, and completeness).
- Experience with BI tools for Extract Transform Load (ETL), reporting, Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) and data metrics / analytics, data replication tools SQL to SQL), Data Modeling / Database Design (Relational, Star Schema), Microsoft SQL Server, configuration, performance tuning and maintenance for database optimization, design/Implementation of the data access layer, Data Documentation, and Cognos Framework Manager.
A university degree in computer science or related field, such as mathematics, engineering, information Management or physics
A university degree plus completion of a one year certificate program in business computing from a recognized technical school
Graduation from a community college or technical school two or three year program in business computing
WCB offers a competitive compensation package including a salary range of $72,845 to $90,997. Interested candidates can send their resume to Steph MacIntosh via firstname.lastname@example.org. Any offer of employment will be conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks, including a criminal record check and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the WCB.
Venor and WCB embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. WCB Nova Scotia is an equal-opportunity employer committed to supporting and developing our employees. Visit their website at www.wcb.ns.ca. WCB Nova Scotia champions safety and promotes a diverse and respectful workplace. They are a scent and allergy-reduced environment.