Narrative Research is one of Canada’s foremost full-service market intelligence and market research companies. Based in Halifax, the company has over 25 employees and is WBE certified (Women Business Enterprise). On behalf of Narrative Research, Venor is delighted to be partnering to recruit for a Director, Data Insights.
What you’d be doing:
Responsibilities would include some or all of the following depending on competencies:
- Conducting various types of statistical analyses (e.g., regression, factor analysis, cluster analysis)
- Tabulation and data analysis, ensuring proper cleaning, weighting and interpretation of data
- Survey programming for telephone and online surveys
- Leadership and organizational skills to ensure a small team of data insights professionals are working collaboratively and effectively
What we’re looking for:
Narrative Research is seeking a highly data-literate individual with a strong statistics and research background to join our team of skilled Data Insights professionals, and to play a key role in the development and implementation of the company’s wide-ranging research projects.
- A degree in statistics, social or behavioural sciences, or formal technical training in a relevant field (e.g., psychology, data mining, mathematics, computer science or information science)
- A solid understanding of research methods and data analysis techniques
- Experience in statistical techniques
- Experience with analysis/tabulation software (particularly SPSS/Excel/Q and Voxco) a definite asset
- R (or Python) knowledge considered an asset
- Experience in data cleaning and processing, and database management
- Market/survey research knowledge an asset
- Managerial and leadership experience considered an asset
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
If you’re interested in learning more about this opportunity, reach out to Anna Bryant via email@example.com.