Are you passionate about the Marine industry and are driven to build trusting relationships while always giving your best to customers?
On behalf of our client, InnovMarine, we are seeking a talented Director of Sales to join their team.
InnovMarine is helping to transform the shipbuilding industry through a people-first approach which boosts productivity and simplifies technology so you can build better ships, faster. We’re seeking great people to contribute their energy and enthusiasm; help drive projects and accelerate our growth in the industry.
Reporting directly to the President of InnovMarine, the Director of Sales is a self-motivated professional with proven leadership experience and an outstanding track record in sales. The Director of Sales leads and motivates a national sales team to execute the company’s sales strategy. This position is responsible for meeting InnovMarine’s annual sales targets within assigned regions, business units and accounts. In addition to being an excellent communicator, the Director of Sales also demonstrates exceptional negotiation and leadership skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Sales / Marketing / Business Development
Management of sales and sales team:
· Build, lead and deploy the sales team with the goal of achieving the objectives of InnovMarine’s corporate strategic plan.
· Determine, manage and monitor sales quota
· Manage sales forecasting exercises and provide a monthly report at the management meeting (sales updates, sales reports, sales variations (forecasted vs actual)
· Manage and support the sales team through coaching, performance evaluation, HR-related duties, etc.
· Attend and participate in executive management meetings
· Direct sales of InnovMarine products (software, services) to targeted accounts in defined markets
· Responsibility for sales to, and support of, existing InnovMarine accounts.
· Develop annual and quarterly revenue targets, track and maintain revenue forecasts, capture and document all prospect related activity.
· Sales of consulting services
· Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
· Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
· Play a key role in increasing income and revenue by managing and negotiating with clients, generating leads, qualifying prospects and closing sales of services.
· Document sales-related activity and produce periodic sales forecasts
· Partner Management: Nurture and grow existing partner relationships, ensure contractual obligations are met, raise profile of InnovMarine to a level where we are considered essential to their success.
· Partner Development: Identify new partners whose products and services complement and enhance our value proposition to existing clients and support our efforts to penetrate new markets.
· Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer & partner relationships based on Trust, Respect, Honesty and a commitment to Quality
· Identify new partners whose products and services complement and enhance our value proposition to existing clients and support our efforts to penetrate new markets
· Develop and deliver inbound marketing programs (indirect selling) to pull prospects to our company that we can convert, fulfill, and retain, over time.
· Key aspects of this include branding, social media marketing, content development, industry marketing, publishing, and corporate messaging.
· Using industry accepted key performance indicators (KPIs), track and report on all marketing programs for return on investment.
As the ideal candidate, you will have a relevant university degree or a combination of training courses in a related field. You will have a minimum of 8 years of successful sales experience combined with at least 5 years of sales leadership experience in a relevant industry such as marine, professional services or IT. The successful candidate will bring strong communication, strategic planning and execution experience. As a skilled people leader, you have the ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members.
The successful candidate will understand that working as a team, together with customers, will help everyone achieve their goals and position InnovMarine as trusted advisors. At InnovMarine, challenging work and fun go together. InnovMarine takes pride in making a difference for their customers and people.
Interested candidates can send their cover letter and resume to Ian Sullivan / Shardeigh McGillivray via email@example.com
This permanent remote position is open to candidates currently residing in Canada with valid work authorization.