Venor is proud to partner with Graphite Innovation Technologies (GIT) on their search for a Director of Sales. GIT is a fast-growing Canadian materials engineering firm disrupting the global marine coatings market with the most sustainable and high-performing coating technologies that help shipowners to reduce fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions across their fleets. GIT is an innovation driven and customer-focused organization that is working closely with the world’s leading shipping companies to find solutions to challenges related to existing hull and propeller coatings. At its core, GIT is a diverse team of high-performing scientists, maritime professionals and other experts who value equity and inclusion.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director of Sales will lead the GIT team in pursuit of product sales to commercial and recreational marine markets in North America. The Director of Sales will be responsible for designing plans to meet targets, developing relationships with leads and customers, and evaluating pricing for products.
- You will creatively design and implement strategic plans to reach sales targets.
- Identify and pursue potential sales customer targets treating each lead as an opportunity and tracking such opportunities through a process towards a closed sale
- You will draft detailed sales reports and estimate sales volume & profit for current and new products.
- Along with developing weekly, monthly and quarterly sales objectives, you will also assess costs, competition, and supply and demand to identify selling prices.
- You will lead the development of marketing/sales tools such as brochures and on-line representations of the company and its products.
- Represent the company at external events, presenting to various audiences about our company and our products.
What We’re Looking For:
As the successful candidate, you have 10 years of experience, ideally 5 + years in technical sales and 5+ years in business development and/or marketing, combined with a bachelor’s degree in commerce, business, sales, or a relevant technical education. You are an excellent communicator and can motivate, prioritize, and stay organize in a dynamic, fast-paced manufacturing environment. Experience with CRM tools and an understanding of the coatings industry are considered an asset.
As the ideal candidate, you thrive in a collaborative environment and have experience maintaining relationships with clients and understand their needs in order to address them effectively. You are eager to build new client relationships and actively research the market to identify new opportunities.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
If you are interested in working with innovative leaders who are passionate about making a difference in the environment, reach out to Erika Hildebrand via email@example.com to learn more.