Venor is proud to partner with Dash Hudson in their search for a new Director of Security. Dash Hudson was founded in 2015 with the mission of helping the world’s most important companies deepen engagement with their consumers through photos and videos. Today, Dash Hudson continues to enable forward-thinking brands like Condé Nast, Apple, and Estée Lauder to inform strategy and leverage actionable insights for meaningful audience engagement. Dash Hudson takes it to the next level by predicting the performance of photos and videos, analyzing trends, and accelerating brand growth across Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and e-commerce marketing channels.
A few interesting details about their tech:
- Over 30 million unique monthly visitors for tools we support
- Our tools are used on many very popular websites
- Hundreds of TBs of media processed
- Over 1 million images/videos added every month
- Tens of TBs of data in our databases
- Over 100 EC2 production instances
- 99.999% uptime
What you’ll be doing:
Dash Hudson works with the world’s leading brands and publishers to drive visual performance across all of their marketing channels. The Director of Security role offers a unique opportunity to assess, develop, and implement security policies, standards and guidelines to foster a culture of security, privacy and compliance within our organization and products.
You will play a key role in the overall success of Dash Hudson by crafting and supporting initiatives and policies to strengthen Dash Hudson’s security posture. You will be responsible for providing guidance and direction as it pertains to privacy and compliance requirements, reducing overall risk to the business.
- Work with the organization to evolve security and privacy standards and procedures as it pertains to the needs of the business providing thought leadership and direction.
- Advocate and provide guidance for enforcing information security standards with considerations for the needs of the business and usability of the product.
- Work with customers and prospects to address security concerns.
- Act as the central point-of-contact for all security concerns and initiatives.
- Collaborate with developers and operations in the implementation of security safeguards and remediation processes.
- Identify system-level improvements and deficiencies, and bring them to light
- Collaborate with other teams outside engineering such as Sales, People Ops, and Finance.
- Review proposed technical specifications to ensure they satisfy all security, compliance and privacy requirements of the business.
- Conduct security/privacy assessments to identify any potential gaps or risks to the business.
- Research best practices, developments, and trends in information security including the evaluation of security tooling (third party and open source).
- Interface with current and prospective customers as necessary to address security or privacy concerns.
What we’re looking for:
- 5-10 years of experience in an Information Security field, ideally in a fast-paced environment.
- CISSP, CISA, CISM, or SANS Certifications.
- In-depth familiarity with cybersecurity framework(s) in a public cloud context.
- Experience with incident response and interfacing with incident commander / on-call teams.
- Excellent communication skills with an aptitude for expressing technical concepts into easy to understand terms.
- Experience in creating and maintaining security policies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What’s in it for you:
- Work with one some of the biggest, forward-thinking brands in the world, including Apple, Condé Nast, Nordstrom, Sephora, Unilever, and Estée Lauder
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home flexibility
- Health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Vacation, personal days, and sick time
- RRSP matching
- Annual mental health benefit and quarterly wellness benefit
- Home office allowance
- Donation matching program
- Parental leave top-up plan
- Departmental and team-wide bonding activities
Venor and Dash Hudson both value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.