Venor is proud to partner with Foundation in their search for a Director of Strategy. Foundation is a digital content marketing agency with a focus on planning, creating, and distributing content for B2B and SaaS brands. Foundation works with software companies that are redefining business in their industry along with ambitious B2B and SaaS brands growing faster than ever. Their team operates 100% remotely and is obsessed with growth.
Foundation runs a lean B2B content-driven machine. They own and manage multiple brands and develop content that goes on to be seen by millions. They collaborate with some of the brightest in the industry, and have clients from around the world. And they’re just getting started.
As a Director of Strategy, you will oversee and own the overall satisfaction, retention, and growth of our service-based clients. You will accomplish this by guiding their strategy team as they contribute to the development of strategies and successful executions that lead to client results.
- Manage and train three or more strategists to ensure that all of their projects are being delivered with strategic excellence to achieve client KPIs and goals
- Directing the strategy team as they lead client engagements and form trusted client relationships
- Improve the overall client experience through our strategy services by directing the team in creating high-impact strategic research, content creation/distribution, and maintaining client profitability
- Coordinate and lead global B2B marketing campaigns as they are briefed, formulated, developed, and launched
- Consult with clients on a range of strategic initiatives, including brand positioning, persona development, journey mapping, and all aspects of digital content marketing strategy (content creation, distribution, SEO, and paid, etc.) with a goal of increased site traffic and increased MQLs
- Create and improve strategy team processes to continue improving the quality of work
- Review all strategy deliverables before presented to clients
- Attend, deliver and coach the team surrounding client presentations
- Identify and deliver strategy team training and contribute to growth plan development of all strategy team members
- Continue to create and direct new innovative strategic solutions on behalf of our client brands
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams and partners to build and execute strategic recommendations that will ultimately be brought to market across multiple channels
- Responsible for the allocation of work among the strategy team and workflow of all strategy projects on time and within budget. As part of this, you will proactively manage staffing, onboarding, training, recruitment, development, 1:1s, and professional development team members within the strategy department
- Prepare weekly leadership reporting on strategy delivery status, quality or timeline risk, team development, and overall department performance improvement recommendations
- Contribute to new business where necessary
As the ideal candidate, you are a self-starter with a minimum of 7 years experience in a related position, 5 years marketing agency experience and a minimum of 2 years B2B SaaS experience. As the Director of Strategy you have proven process and training material development and are a strategic thinker with the ability to instill confidence in clients and across internal teams, with the ability to manage and mentor team members. You must be an excellent verbal and written communicator, comfortable preparing proposals, presentations, and speaking in front of groups. The Director of Strategy has a passion for branding with a strong understanding of leading brand thinking and constructs. The team at Foundation is remote, so it’s important that you’re well organized and can manage your own schedule.
As the successful candidate, you are someone who is eager to learn with a growth mindset, who has an interest in media as a whole and the role the internet has on culture. You are curious and are someone who brings your infectious, high energy to the table. You pay strong attention to detail, and are a creative problem solver. You pride yourself on your excellent communication and persuading skills, as well as consider yourself to be customer service oriented. The Director of Strategy must have experience working under pressure and adapting to changing priorities, all while demonstrating effective analytical and problem-solving skills
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
Interested candidates can send their resume to Senior Consultant, Shaq Smith via email, firstname.lastname@example.org