Colour’s team starts with complexity, distills it down into opportunity, and makes sure it’s all backed by human truth. Venor is proud to partner with them to find their next Director of Strategy. The Director of Strategy will lead the creative and media teams with planning initiatives from briefing to execution to reporting, they are the client’s most trusted advisor, providing proactive marketing solutions to their business. This senior role helps to manage the explosive growth we have experienced in providing digital solutions to clients.
The Director of Strategy is equally a client advocate and an agency advocate, a motivated team player who aligns client and agency expectations and positions the agency to deliver great work on the client’s behalf. You will be responsible for providing strategic counsel and thought leadership for clients and producing cohesive and intelligent plans and strategies to bring success to campaigns across owned, earned and paid channels. This can include strategic analysis, competitive analysis, positioning, messaging, tactics and budget.
- Maintaining a strong understanding of market dynamics, targeted client challenges, and competitive strategies.
- Continually monitor and anticipate client needs, identifying areas of both opportunity and risk with regards to achieving business objectives, and increase the value of Colour’s service
- Act as primary point of contact between agency and clients
- Maintain a two-way dialogue with internal team members on expectations and results
- Lead the day-to-day media strategy & operations of select client accounts, guiding Strategists as they plan, execute, optimize, aggregate and analyze all sources of campaign data across Owned, Earned and Paid media
- Acting as the trusted, strategic resource and digital marketing consultant to key clients
- Lead the process in optimizing the allocation of media investment across all digital media, including SEM, Programmatic Display, Video, Social, Mobile, etc. on assigned accounts
- Ownership of the reporting and analytics product on each of your accounts, overseeing, guiding and collaborating with the Strategists on all campaign analytics and the production of reports
The Director of Strategy must have an in-depth understanding of digital marketing practices, as well as content marketing and production. They are well versed in the best practices in social customer engagement and social service, along with sales, pitches, presentations, persuasion. Knowledge of modern metrics across owned, earned and paid: Awareness, Engagement, Conversion, ROI/economic value of investments, etc. are also beneficial.
The ideal candidate has grown up digital and has 5 to 7 years of digital strategic planning experience. The Director of Strategy will have a strong understanding of the interactive and digital realm – specifically, a strong understanding of consumers and target audiences and how they interact and engage with digital content. Demonstrated ability to manage and develop staff is considered a valuable characteristic, as well they should have strong leadership, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Software experience using web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Omniture), social listening (e.g. Radian6, Sysomos, NUVI), data management (e.g. TapClicks, Caspio, Domo) and data visualization (e.g. Tableau, Google Data Studio) is considered an asset. Being versed in CRM / Inbound (e.g. HubSpot, gShift, Marketo, Segment), Time Reporting (Avaza) and Healthcare Marketing Experience are also valuable.
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
For more information on this exciting opportunity within an equally exciting organization, please contact Shaq Smith via firstname.lastname@example.org