Venor has partnered with Superline Fuels & West Nova Fuels to source a talented Director, Propane Operations to join their team in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Superline Fuels is a locally owned market leader in the home heat, commercial and propane industry with branches across most of mainland Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Propane Operations will provide leadership for all delivery and propane service operations for both the Superline Propane and West Nova Propane Divisions. The Director is responsible for the financial and overall performance of the propane divisions, including operations, service & delivery, and sales. They will oversee the inventory management, lead a team of drivers & technicians, and ensure that safe and efficient operational practices are followed.
This position is also accountable to lead the company Prudent Operations program for the office and region and will communicate and meet with other Branch and Area Managers to share best practices and generate companywide strategy, safety, and efficiency improvements.
- Manage all daily activities of the Propane Delivery and Service Team (including customer service staff, dispatch, drivers, and technicians).
- Respond to, or direct, emergency calls as and when required.
- Grow the existing business by attracting both residential and commercial customers.
- Grow the Propane division within the HRM.
- Assist the GM in the development and implementation of company policies in such areas as operational health and safety, operating procedures, environmental and any other such policies as may be required.
- Keep abreast of technical developments, delivery code, and laws specifically impacting the company.
- Take all such actions necessary with the above defined areas of responsibility to protect the financial security of the Propane divisions and optimize their financial results.
- Undertake other related responsibilities from time to time as may be assigned by the GM
As the successful candidate, you will have experience managing and growing propane service and delivery operations. Having technical knowledge in handling of propane, including the placing of tanks, the use of various pieces of propane equipment is considered an asset. Experience with propane regulatory requirements, including local building codes and any governmental requirements is beneficial. Red Seal Ticket or Gas 1 & 2 would be considered an asset, however not required.