On behalf of our client, Venor is recruiting for a Divisional General Manager & SVP. Our client is a leader in the North American multi-channel e-commerce space. Partnering with some of the biggest selling and shipping partners in the United States and Canada, they provide companies with the ability to ship, track, and manage shipments at a fraction of the cost. With an exceptional executive team made up of accomplished digital supply chain and eCommerce industry leaders, this is an opportunity to make a significant impact while driving growth in a strong, people-focused culture focused on innovation.
What you’ll be doing
The Divisional GM & SVP will lead the direction setting for all business unit sales and customer success teams, establishing the goals and focus for each, including quarterly targets and long-term objectives. They will build out channel partners, develop a direct sales team, and be the executive sponsor for key clients on strategic issues. Further, the SVP will lead the development of innovative logistics solutions and international market expansion. The Divisional GM & SVP, will have dotted line management of matrixed teams in Carrier Management, Operations, Logistics, Customer Service, Marketing, Product Management, and other key functions supporting the business unit.
Regular responsibilities are as follows:
- Participate in strategic planning as a member of the senior leadership team, specifically contributing to the development of strategies and methodologies to integrate and optimize the strategy, roadmap, and tactics of the organization
- Develop a long-term vision for the business unit business; plan/drive transitions to the next stage of company growth.
- Manage/execute project plans and delivery commitments
- Oversee resources, staffing, budgets, and the enhancement/development of a best-in-class team, as well as oversee and actively being accountable for the aggregate P&L
- Mentor team members including regular performance reviews and feedback
- Partner with peers and the HR team to drive strong talent management, including succession, learning & development, and growth plans for the team.
- Represents the business from a thought leadership perspective, ensuring the company is seen as a thought leader in the industry and driving internal growth initiatives that continue to make the company highly relevant in the future.
- Develop strategy and lead the execution for the company’s Division, including revenue drivers, strategic account planning, and business leadership
- Design and lead quarterly review processes with top carriers and customers to leverage data to determine opportunities to deepen partnerships and ensure we remain highly connected to senior leadership teams
- Build, lead, coach, and mentor teams driving the Division’s value chain to ensure alignment and growth of teams
- Partner cross-functionally to align with business groups including Customer Service, Operations, Logistics, Carrier Management, Marketing, and Product Development
- Work with the departmental leaders to ensure strong & measurable KPI’s are created and maintained for each team member, including the creation and execution of OKRs that align to corporate goals.
- Develop and execute a rigorous data-driven roadmap to drive improved customer experience and productivity across the division
- Define and deliver to revenue targets (weekly/monthly/quarterly/annually)
- Understand and continuously monitor key metrics in order to develop a deep understanding of customer behavior and to drive continuous improvement and revenue growth
- Lead the construction of a product, service, and carrier offering that will combine to deliver an exceptional customer experience, resulting in customer happiness and retention rates that will provide a stable foundation for growth
- Establish a sales engine capable of engaging and onboarding new prospects and markets at a pace that will continue the company’s rapid growth.
- Expand our reach through the development of channel partner programs and the eventual expansion into new geographic markets
- Work with peers and teams across the organization to ensure there are strong share-of-wallet strategies to maximize customer/partner spend
What we’re looking for
Experience & Education
- 10+ years’ experience in leading a function and team, or a combination of equivalent experience and education
- 10+ years’ experience working in the freight, logistics, and SaaS industry across international markets is considered a significant asset
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field (MBA is considered an asset, but not required)
- Proven record of accomplishment of driving and accelerating revenue growth
- Strong knowledge of freight and logistics platforms
- Strong knowledge of sales, profitability and cost models
- Strong record of accomplishment of managing multiple projects with aggressive deadlines
- Experience managing in a matrixed organization
- Proven ability to inspire, engage and motivate high-performing teams to achieve strong results and measured against defined key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally at all levels to ensure strong functional alignment
- Data-driven decision maker
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).Interested candidates can reach out to Nick Misener via email@example.com and Craig Coady via firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.