Our client, Electec Engineering Inc. is a design oriented firm that prides themselves on delivering exceptional work to their clients, providing a full range of electrical engineering services with a partnership approach to ensure client satisfaction and full transparency. We have partnered with them to assist in finding an Electrical Engineer (building design) to join their growing team in Bedford, Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the ownership team, the Electrical Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of the projects and has the opportunity to contribute to the design and construction community, while being a part of the movement to green building design.
- You will be coordinating with contractors to ensure projects are completed on project schedule, budgets are met and the interpretation of project documents and codes and specifications are met.
- Organizing and keeping accurate & complete records for projects, while coordinating with drafting personnel to prepare final design documents.
- Attending design coordination meetings and performing site reviews and associated reports prior to, during and after the completion of a construction project (close out) and coordinate
- You will review and approve electrical contractor specifications submittals for project equipment and apply industry codes and standards (ie: Canadian Electrical Code, National Fire Protection Association, National Energy Code & National Building Code of Canada).
- Preparing electrical design drawings, project estimates and specifications for medium and low voltage project work, including power, communications, fire alarm, lighting, security and audio/visual systems.
- You will coordinate with utility service providers and other public and private stakeholders.
As the successful candidate, you are an Electrical Engineer registered with the Province of Nova Scotia as a Professional Engineer (P.eng) with experience working in electrical building design. You are knowledgeable in a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques with high proficiency using AutoCAD, MS Suite Products or other CAD softwares. You have effective communication skills with the ability to build relationships with clients & contractors.
If you thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment and want to be a part of a collaborative team this is a great opportunity for you. You get to work with a dynamic team on innovative projects in an open and respectful environment!
Electec Engineering Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We weigh the applicants based on their qualifications without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected status.
For more insight on this opportunity, please contact Andrea Murray via email@example.com.