Our client, Hatch Ltd, is a global multidisciplinary management, engineering, and development consultancy. Their global network of 9,000 professionals combines vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects. Hatch’s experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investment market sectors. On behalf of Hatch, Venor is actively seeking an Electrical Engineer to join their team in Sydney, NS.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As the Electrical Engineer, you will be a part of their multidisciplinary team, deployed worldwide to support and execute challenging projects ensuring technical excellence within the team. You will also mentor and provide guidance to develop junior and intermediate engineers, designers, and technicians.
- Prepare, subject to the approval of the Lead Electrical Engineer, technical documentation required for the execution of the project, including but not limited to general layout drawings, design criteria, design calculations, preliminary studies, value engineering studies, process flow sheets, standard specifications, standard detail drawings, construction and/or fabrication drawings, equipment lists, technical specifications, as-built documentation, and data sheets.
- Manage and coordinate with the Lead Electrical Engineers on the progress of the engineering work in accordance with the project scope, cost, schedule, and procedures to ensure project deliverables are being met.
- Review shop drawings to ensure conformity with engineering designs.
- Following the award of contracts and purchase orders as instructed, monitor the fabrication and construction work to ensure that it is executed in accordance with the engineering designs.
- Assist the Lead Electrical Engineers in reviewing the outcome of quality audits of engineering work and perform remedial work in accordance with the project procedures and the quality assurance plan.
What We’re Looking For:
As the ideal candidate, you have a bachelor’s degree specializing in electrical engineering combined with project engineering experience in electrical design/consultancy working in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment.
As the successful candidate, you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you enjoy planning and maintaining an organized working environment, and you have a sound understanding of design engineering codes and technical standards.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
For more insight, please contact Andrea Murray via firstname.lastname@example.org.