Venor has partnered with T.J Electric Limited in their search for an Electrical Estimator. Established in early 1990, T.J. ‘s works across the Maritimes to provide a range of equipment from specialized metering devices and hydraulics, to A/C powered equipment. Working with clients such as The Boeing Company, Halifax Airport Authority, M-I Drilling Fluids, Nova Scotia Power Inc., and Sobeys you can expect to be working on a wide variety of projects and with exceptional talent.
- Evaluate and recommend allowances for indirect costs, design unknowns, escalations and contingencies.
- Review all final estimates and ensure they are accurately documented prior to submission.
- Present estimates and conduct design reviews with T.J. ‘s clients.
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and track order changes.
- Lead projects including overseeing all onsite and offsite projects to monitor compliance and coordinate electrical workers and subcontractors.
- Ensure contractual conditions of the project are being met to quality standards while preparing internal and external job status reports.
What we’re looking for:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in construction/engineering or related experience as an electrician with a petroleum background.
- Expert knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code, commercial and industrial electrical.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical specifications, drawings and as-builts.
- Strong understanding of construction management and estimating software.
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
If you are keen on joining a growing local organization and putting your skills to test with T.J. ‘s clients, apply today! Contact Andrea Murray via email@example.com or Erika Hilderbrand via firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this exciting opportunity.