Our client, Electec Engineering Inc. is a design-oriented firm that prides themselves on delivering exceptional work to their clients, providing a full range of electrical engineering services with a partnership approach to ensure client satisfaction and full transparency. We have partnered with them to assist in finding an Electrical Engineering Technologist (building design) to join their growing team in Bedford, Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the ownership team, the Electrical Engineering Technologist will be responsible for the design and will get involved in all aspects of the project and construction community, while being a part of the movement to green building design.
- You will be coordinating with contractors to ensure projects are completed on project schedule, budgets are met, and the interpretation of project documents and codes and specifications are met.
- Organizing and keeping accurate & complete records for projects, drafting & designing final documents to be approved by the client and engineer.
- Lead design coordination meetings with the team.
- You will review and ensure specifications submittals for project equipment and apply industry codes and standards (ie: Canadian Electrical Code, National Fire Protection Association, National Energy Code & National Building Code of Canada).
- Preparing electrical design drawings, project estimates and specifications for medium and low voltage project work, including power, communications, fire alarm, lighting, security and audio/visual systems.
- You will coordinate with utility service providers and other public and private stakeholders.
What We Are Looking For:
As the successful candidate, you are an Electrical Engineering Technologist (CET) with experience working in electrical building design. You are knowledgeable in building codes and designs with high proficiency using AutoCAD, MS Suite Products, or other CAD software (Revit would be an asset). You have effective communication skills with the ability to build relationships with clients & contractors.
If you thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment and want to be a part of a collaborative team this is a great opportunity for you. You get to work with a dynamic team on innovative projects in an open and respectful environment!
Electec Engineering Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We weigh the applicants based on their qualifications without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected status.
For more insight on this opportunity, please contact Erika Hildebrand via email@example.com or Andrea Murray via firstname.lastname@example.org.