Venor is proud to partner with EastPoint Engineering in their search for an Electrical Technologist to join their team in Halifax, NS. EastPoint is a multi-discipline architectural and engineering firm servicing an array of industrial, government, institutional, and commercial clients. Owned by its management and senior employees, EastPoint’s leadership has worked together as a team for more than 20 years. Through decades of experience, we have accumulated a deep understanding of design, construction, accessibility, costs, regulatory issues, environmental, and technical solutions to support our clients.
At EastPoint, we believe we can work on the most challenging and rewarding of projects, anywhere, with the right people. This entrepreneurial spirit has allowed EastPoint to enter new markets and deliver more than 10,000 projects. We’ve put our fingerprint on multidisciplinary projects from facility upgrades to community housing improvements, from new public infrastructure to transformative landmark buildings. We work on large and small projects to shape places, not only in Nova Scotia but across Canada and beyond.
Yet of all the things we’ve built, we’re most proud of our company culture. We have organically grown our company since its founding to more than 120 architects, engineers, designers, and professionals today.
Reporting to the VP of Electrical Engineering, you will be an integral part of EastPoint’s engineering team, developing and implementing technical solutions in both the office and field. Working with an experienced design team, you will participate in all project phases, from proposal preparation, feasibility assessment, and detailed design, through to tendering, construction, and commissioning.
- Participating in concept and detail design for projects in sectors including but not limited to Buildings, Industrial (Medium and Heavy), Institutional (Large Scale Campus), and Utility.
- Participating in determining the electrical design scope for performance based multi-discipline design projects, and developing detail designs that apply industry specific standards and practices that result in a safe and cost-effective design in line with project requirements.
- Participating in hands-on project management including responding to proposals, preparing specifications and bid documents, contract administration and construction reviews, budgeting and scheduling control as well as change order management and invoicing.
- Establishing and maintaining solid working relationships with clients.
- Participate in developing proposals, technical reports, specifications, and cost estimates while seeing projects through from start to finish.
- Providing insight and mentorship to the electrical engineering team ensuring the highest technical standards are achieved.
- Coordinate and manage activities of internal/external technical personnel, consultants, and service providers on various projects.
- Complete project designs on schedule and within budget.
- Identify, analyze and mitigate project risks.
- Ensure that safety is a top priority and work is carried out in accordance with the EastPoint approaches, building codes, and client standards and polices.
Skills and Attributes:
As an Electrical Technologist your self-starting attitude and effective communication skills allow you to build relationships and deliver work in a way that makes you a client favorite. Your knowledge of electrical related systems in buildings, industrial facilities, large institutional campuses, or utilities is thorough and you enjoy sharing this knowledge with colleagues and peers, and mentoring junior staff.
- A Diploma in electrical engineering technology from an accredited college.
- Minimum of 3 years of applicable experience in the consulting sector.
- An ability to obtain a minimum of Reliability status through CISD within six (6) months. This is a requirement for employment.
- Registration as a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) with TechNova (Nova Scotia) or able to obtain registration with TechNova by transferring from another jurisdiction.
- You have a working knowledge of electrical engineering design software such as SKM, Agi32, and applicable Autodesk Products (AutoCAD, TrueView, REVIT), and of the various MS Office 365 applications.
- An ability to confidently apply experiences based on previous works to new sectors of endeavor.
- Effective working knowledge in quantity estimates/cost estimating and preparation of specifications and construction documentation.
- including safety, quality, schedule, and budgets, in both a discipline lead and project management role, interacting with colleagues, clients, and owners.
Interested candidates should reach out to Rose MacAuley via email@example.com
We embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, your application is welcome. Diversity is appreciated and there is understanding that we all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. Applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities are encouraged. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know.