Venor is proud to partner with Total Transport & Rigging Inc., a leader in heavy equipment transportation logistics, for their search for an Engineering & Permit Specialist.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role plays a vital part in ensuring the smooth execution of engineering and permitting processes critical to our operations. The Engineering and Permit Specialist will work closely with various teams to facilitate engineering tasks, secure permits, develop processes and ensure compliance with regulations.
- Engineering Support:
- Collaborate with both internal and external engineering teams to provide technical support and assistance.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering documents, drawings, and specifications.
- Coordinate and communicate engineering requirements with internal and external stakeholders.
- Permit Acquisition and Compliance:
- Manage the acquisition of permits required for our operations, ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Stay up-to-date with local, state, and federal regulations and ensure that permits are obtained in accordance with these regulations.
- Track and maintain records of all permits and related documentation.
- Permit Accuracy and Documentation:
- Review and verify all permits for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of permits, including details such as permit type, expiration dates, and renewal requirements.
- Prepare and submit permit applications as needed, including any necessary supporting documentation.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Ensure that our operations adhere to all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with regulatory bodies and agencies to address compliance issues and inquiries.
- Conduct periodic internal audits to assess compliance and recommend corrective actions as needed.
- Project Coordination:
- Assist in project planning and execution by providing technical guidance and permit-related support.
- Work closely with project managers & drivers to ensure all necessary permits & pilot cars are obtained and managed in a timely manner.
- Documentation and Reporting:
- Prepare and maintain engineering and permitting reports for internal and external use.
- Compile data and information related to engineering tasks and permitting activities.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Certified Engineering Technologist
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Familiarity with permit acquisition processes and regulatory compliance.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Proficiency in using computer software and tools relevant to engineering and permit management.
Venor and Total Transport & Rigging embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities.
If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise). Interested candidates are asked to please forward their resumes to Natalie Isaacs via email@example.com and Ian Sullivan via firstname.lastname@example.org.