On behalf of Nova Scotia Power, Venor is seeking an Enterprise Architect to join their Technology Senior Leadership Team. As a subsidiary of Emera Inc, Nova Scotia Power provides 95% of the generation, transmission and distribution of electrical power to approximately 540,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers. They are focused on new technologies to enhance customer service and reliability, reduce emissions, and add renewable energy. In a culture focused on safety, they’re committed to providing safe, reliable electricity so that our customers and communities can thrive. Nova Scotia Power’s greatest source of energy is its people.
We are currently looking for an Enterprise Architect to join in a Permanent position. Reporting to the Vice President of Technology and as a part of the Technology Senior Leadership Team, the Enterprise Architect contributes to the overall financial, risk, resource, and issue management of the IT Department. If working in an environment focused on innovation, growth, safety and putting customers and community first inspires you, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the creation, evolution, and ongoing management of technology architecture and standards across the business as owner of enterprise architecture governance
- Leading successful organizational change management outcomes resulting in architecture governance adoption with stakeholders across the organization
- Ensure the technology architecture aligns and supports corporate objectives, policies and standards
- Leading a team of technical professionals including hiring, performance, and compensation management
- Contributing to overall technology risk management
- Supporting your team of Solution and Technical Architects to develop technical requirements and systems architectures for business projects and provide guidance and support during implementation
- Approving system architecture deliverables following enterprise standards and methodologies
- Providing oversight, guidance, and education to technology professionals to build alignment between business objectives and technology investment plans
- Staying current on emerging products and technologies to determine fit with overall enterprise objectives and architecture
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years progressive experience in an Enterprise Architect or Senior Solution Architect position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated progressive leadership capabilities to develop individuals and build strong working relationships
- Demonstrated understanding and application of modern enterprise-level business process, data, security, and technical infrastructure architecture knowledge
- Demonstrated capability to understand and effectively communicate technical concepts in a business environment
What’s in it for you?
Flexibility: Hybrid work model with flexible remote workdays.
Health & Wellbeing: Access to a free on-site fitness centre, Employee and Family Assistance Program, parental leave top-up plan and wellness benefits.
Grow Your Career: Opportunities to advance within and between our affiliate companies, a focus on employee development and available sponsored education programs.
Community Engagement & Care: Corporate investments in the places where our people live and work, mentoring opportunities, fundraising-matching & volunteer programs, and scholarships for children of employees.
Competitive Compensation: A comprehensive benefits plan, short-term incentive plans and employer-matching RRSP contributions.
Venor and Emera believe that every unique perspective should be valued and that everyone should have a sense of safety and belonging—at work, and in our communities. Leveraging the thoughts of a diverse workforce helps us to be innovative and provide the best service to our customers. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including persons who identify as racially visible, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, women in underrepresented roles and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. Emera and Venor support candidates and employees with access and accommodation needs.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, contact Steph MacIntosh via email@example.com or Craig Coady via firstname.lastname@example.org.