Venor is proud to partner with Iron Dog to assist in their search for an ERP Specialist. Born and bred in Atlantic Canada, Iron Dog has been providing superior mechanical systems services since 1971. From the most complex installations to late-night emergency repairs, they pride themselves on rolling up their sleeves, getting their hands dirty, and accomplishing the toughest jobs.
Reporting to the VP Finance, the ERP Specialist is responsible for providing analysis, design, development, training, implementation, and maintenance support for Maestro as well liaise with external IT consultants as necessary. This is a newly created position with lots of opportunity to make an impact in a fast-growing entrepreneurial business.
What you’ll be doing
- Work within the finance team to ensure effective use of the ERP system. This would include report writing, programming, and overall application improvements to get the most out of the software
- Handle all IT, ERP, and other issues related to phones/cell phones/internet in conjunction with external contractors and support
- Look for optimization opportunities as it relates to the ERP system
- Provide user training and support for employees
- Review accuracy of data entered into the ERP system, and provide training to users as required to ensure optimal use of the software is obtained
- Provide technical support and upgrades, including managing day-to-day maintenance on the system, and installing new upgrades.
- Provide ongoing insights/recommendations to Senior Management on evolving technologies to improve business performance.
- Other assigned projects, as required.
What we’re looking for:
- College diploma or University degree (Computer Science or Business)
- 3 years ERP implementation and/or support experience (experience with Maestro an asset)
- Proven leadership skills and successful track record of managing projects and working with people at all levels of an organization
- Attentive to quality standards and detail-oriented
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to influence and lead change
At Venor and Iron Dog, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).