Venor is proud to partner with Excellence NB Association in their search for an Executive Director. Excellence NB Association is a non-profit that encourages consumers, businesses and governments in the province of New Brunswick to purchase products and services made locally through a series of business programs, communication campaigns and collaborative projects. Their goal is to stimulate economic growth through the support and promotion of New Brunswick business.
As an Executive Director this role requires a creative leader who can identify priorities and objectives, direct staff, build relationships with various stakeholders and ensure the organization’s financial and organizational viability. The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization.
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Responsible for strategic planning, execution and direction of the organization’s operations and programs in accordance with the vision, mission, values and direction set by the Board of Directors.
• Coordinates and leads annual business planning and budgeting for approval by the Board and responsible for executing the plan within budget.
• Acts as a professional advisor to the Board on all aspects of Excellence NB’s activities and issues that may arise.
• Provides leadership to and manages the efforts of staff to ensure quality work within established time constraints.
• Responsible for analyzing, implementing and reporting performance metrics on projects, operations, online retailing and social media in order to continuously improve output and results.
• Identifies available funding programs and sponsorship opportunities and works with various agencies and organizations to secure funding.
• Designs, develops and manages various programs to promote small business working extensively in communication, social media and online retailing.
• Develop effective marketing and communication plans to support the work of the organization and also promote the organization.
As the ideal candidate, you have post secondary education in business and marketing or related programs with 5 to 10 years of career progression, or equivalent experience and education. You demonstrate an understanding of grassroots community giving and corporate partnerships. You are someone with strong verbal and written communications and the confidence to build relationships and create value. You are able to make sound decisions in ambiguous situations and can plan actions to fit strategy. You can effectively and passionately communicate the organization’s mission and focus to rally others around the cause.
The successful candidate will be a results-oriented, entrepreneurial leader who is a driver of organizational and team performance. You have a focus on growth, collaboration, continuous improvement and innovation. A remarkable leader and communicator, you have the confidence, conviction and enthusiasm to inspire people to excel. Along with sound management and strategic abilities, you possess a high degree of empathy and the ability to effectively build mutually beneficial partnerships. Bilingualism is a must.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
If you’re excited by the opportunity to drive the overall strategic direction and operational efficiencies of a purpose-driven organization, please reach out to Alex Armsworthy via firstname.lastname@example.org or Alisha Dsouza via email@example.com