Venor is proud to partner with our client, Axis Capital, in their search for a Financial Reporting Accountant. Axis Capital is a global insurer and reinsurer, focused on specialty lines and treaty reinsurance. Headquartered in Bermuda, Axis operates in North America, EMEA, Asia, and Global Markets.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for liaising with cross-functional teams to provide Financial Reporting and Analysis support for all jurisdictions. The successful candidate will support finance operations in various departments across the company, as well as ongoing finance projects to enhance and improve current processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Legal entity analytics and reporting
- Quarterly financial and regulatory reporting for various global entities
- Financial statements preparation and review
- Quarterly and ad-hoc legal entity financial analysis for circulation to key stakeholders across the business
- Quarterly board and executive management meeting finance presentations
- Shared services – Close & Control
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of monthly and quarterly regulatory and compliance close deliverables
- Quarterly balance sheet reviews and analytics
- Responsible for issue resolution and liaising with upstream operations and underwriting teams for process improvement
- Conduct continuous reviews of current processes to identify opportunities for standardization or transformation
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Complete ongoing reviews to ensure effectiveness of internal controls over accounting and reporting
- Involvement in the management of the offshore Financial Reporting teams, ensuring efficient and productive workflows between onshore and offshore groups
- Support the external and internal audit process
- Opportunity for involvement in cross-functional processes and special projects as required to support the wider finance department
As the ideal candidate, you possess a degree, with preference to a Bachelor of Commerce or Management, along with an internationally recognized accounting qualification such as a CPA, ACA, CPCU, or equivalent experience. You have 2 – 4 years of post-qualification experience within a relevant industry, and a good understanding of IFRS, and other US GAAP reporting requirements. You are a proficient user of Microsoft Office suite of products applications, and you have experience utilizing financial systems such as Oracle, HFM, and SmartView. Experience in regulatory reporting and compliance, financial reporting, risk, tax, treasury, or data support is considered an asset.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and organized to drive company initiatives, showing a strong level of accountability, integrity, and professionalism. You will demonstrate your ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and respond to changing priorities. You have a proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and collaborate effectively with internal and external customers with a passion for exceeding customer expectations. You also possess strong analytical, problem-solving, oral and written communication, and report writing skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to add value to an industry-leading, purpose-driven organization that believes its strength is grounded in empowering their people to succeed. Along with a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, Axis Capital offers a dynamic high-performance culture with ample opportunities to grow and define your own career path.
Interested candidates should send their resume to Ian Sullivan, via firstname.lastname@example.org