FirePower Capital is the investment banking and private capital firm built for Canada’s entrepreneurs. The firm helps mid-market businesses complete mission-critical transactions. FirePower Capital pride themselves in being the first name entrepreneurs think of when they ask themselves the most strategic questions they face in the most important of times.
On their behalf, we are seeking a Financial Analyst to support the rapid growth in their Private Debt division. This role is an opportunity for someone with a minimum of two years of experience, with title and compensation commensurate with experience, who wants to make a real impact on the most entrepreneurial segment of corporate lending in Canada.
Specific duties include:
- Ownership of day-to-day accounting operations, in conjunction with an outsourced accounting firm, and preparation of various reporting sheets and metrics.
- Overseeing existing Private Debt portfolio companies, working with borrowers on amendments, covenants, and various needs on a monthly basis, presenting to credit on performance leveraging our outsourced reporting platform.
- Lead the treasury processes of the division on disbursements and overall cash management.
- Handling limited partner investor queries, information requests, communication, and other requests.
- Updating of various monthly internal reports and fundraising documents.
- Undertaking of various operational, administrative, and other special projects.
- Ensure quality of client deliverables by ensuring a strong attention to detail.
- Individuals will be given as much responsibility as their experience and capabilities permit.
Above all, we are looking for someone who shares their values and is in it for the long haul as part of their core team. You share a passion for challenging clients to exceed their objectives. You act consistently, fairly, and with respect for others. You are motivated, have initiative, think creatively, and value being held accountable for both your successes and failures. You are energetic, positive, take pride in your and your team’s quality of work, and demonstrate your commitment to excellence in everything you do. You are passionate about solving challenging, real world problems ingeniously, in a collaborative environment. You are focused on continuous improvement in your work and position within the organization; you believe that you will never stop learning, and are passionate about helping others do the same.
As the ideal candidate, you have a minimum of two years prior work experience in finance, accounting or related fields, are highly competent in Microsoft Excel, and a CPA designation is considered an asset. You have an outstanding ability to digest large amounts of data and succinctly communicate using outstanding written and oral communication skills. You possess first-rate project management skills and attention to detail, along with good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain relationships at all levels. You conduct yourself ethically with high standards of professionalism, and are highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to function independently while effectively managing conflicting priorities.
This is a rare and unique opportunity to join a leading investment firm with an entrepreneurial vision and a fast-paced active investment focus. The successful candidate would value the advantages of a smaller, nimbler firm with a wider range of responsibilities and access to the most senior level decision making compared to a larger firm.
Interested candidates can send their resume to Shardeigh McGillivray via firstname.lastname@example.org