Venor has partnered with Byos, a well-funded start-up based in Halifax, NS looking to add a Full-Stack Developer to its expanding team. Byos Inc. develops hardware and software for endpoint security products. Their current offering, the Micro Gateway, has recently launched and is receiving positive market feedback. On their behalf, we are looking for a Full-Stack Developer who can securely connect the dots between the power of our product and the needs and demands of customers.
The Full-Stack Developer will have an interest in the security aspects of software and communication networks and takes pride in creating intuitive and secure applications to interface with traditionally complex concepts and information. You’ll have the opportunity to create cloud-based applications and APIs that connect to their clean, efficient front end. These applications will leverage our robust IoT data stream and be scalable and adaptable to customer needs. This individual will work closely with the cloud intelligence and infrastructure team. They will be familiar with single and multi-tenant systems, the SDLC challenges of microservices vs monoliths, and cloud data models and their implications. The desired candidate takes pride in providing the solutions the customer needs and is backed with concise yet complete documentation. Their development practices emphasize an appropriately tested, scoped solution deployed and evaluated within a robust pipeline.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing feedback, designing briefs, and leveraging user stories to understand customer needs
- Developing secure, robust, testable, scalable, and maintainable cloud software and processes
- Practicing continuous learning on full-stack solutions and collaborating with the team
- Contributing to a robust CI/CD pipeline
- Working with the full-stack team to select technologies and execute technical roadmaps
- Produce high-quality design documentation to present to project stakeholders and new hires.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of a web framework and backend language (eg. GO and React)
- You enjoy confidently giving and receiving constructive criticism on ideas, collaborating on design decisions and keeping up to date on emerging cloud technologies
- Experience with system testing both unit/integration testing
- Ability to develop platform-agnostic software where required
- Knowledge of the data challenges of common cloud solutions and how to overcome them
- Capable of independently developing web applications with modern cloud technologies throughout the full stack of development
- Nice to have: TypeScript, React, Storybook, Material-UI, testing-library, Jest, Capacitor, Envision, Swagger, Cypress, WebSocket, GO, Python, GTest, Linux, Electron
What’s in it for you:
- Office in Volta – Canada’s East Coast Innovation Hub.
- Health, Dental, and Professional coverage for you and your family start immediately.
- Flexible working hours/environment with generous home office allowance.
- One paid holiday per month + ‘Holiday Shutdown’ between Christmas and New Years.
- Three weeks’ vacation (in addition to holiday shut down).
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
Interested candidates can reach out to Nick Misener via email@example.com or Steph MacIntosh via firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.