Quality Craftsmanship for over 50 years.
Nova Wood Products Limited, located in historic Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, has been manufacturing quality millwork and custom casework since 1972. The facilities have expanded over the decades to become a large, modern and well-organized manufacturing plant with state of the art CNC machines, CAD software, and finishing equipment. Primarily servicing commercial and institutional customers in the construction industry, Nova Wood Products manufactures architectural woodwork and finish carpentry in one of the largest custom shops in Atlantic Canada.
On their behalf, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced General Manager to provide leadership and oversee all architectural woodwork operations. As the General Manager, you will be responsible for the financial performance and overall success of the company. This includes managing various departments such as estimating, sales, contract administration, project engineering, project management, production, accounting, and facilities management.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to enhance company operations and achieve financial goals.
- Provide leadership and guidance to a team of managers, fostering a culture of pride, personal development, and effective communication.
- Collaborate with managers to ensure efficient and effective critical thinking, procedures, and communication throughout the organization.
- Work closely with the Controller to oversee finance and human resources functions.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients, ensuring exceptional customer service and satisfaction.
- Monitor performance metrics, analyze data, and provide regular reports to the President, highlighting successes, challenges, and future forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations, safety standards, and company policies.
As the ideal candidate, you have post secondary education in engineering, business or a related discipline, combined with proven experience in a leadership role within the construction industry. As a senior leader, you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively lead and motivate teams to strive for continuous improvement. The successful candidate will have strong financial acumen and the ability to manage budgets, analyze financial data, and make strategic decisions. As a strategic thinker with proven ability to execute and lead, you have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically in high-pressure situations. Knowledge of relevant industry processes, standards, and materials would be an asset.
This is a unique opportunity to lead the continued growth of an organization with a history of excellence while living in picturesque Lunenburg. Interested candidates can send their cover letter and resume to Shardeigh McGillivray at email@example.com
Venor and Nova Wood Products embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and walks of life, bringing unique perspectives and experiences.
We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).