Our client, Devonian Coast Wineries, owns and operates three distinctly different award winning wineries in Nova Scotia, Canada with total production of well over 100,000 cases per year. The largest, Jost Vineyards, is nestled on the beautiful Northumberland shores of Nova Scotia. Jost Vineyards produces world-class wines from some of the most distinctive premium-quality grapes. The second winery, Gaspereau Vineyards, the first in the Gaspereau Valley, is a premium boutique operation in the Annapolis Valley region of the Province. The third, Mercator Vineyards, situated on a charming Century property in Wolfville overlooking the Blomidon bluffs is a true jewel in the crown of Nova Scotia wine.
Together they create the broad Devonian portfolio of more than 100 wines; Many leading white wines, including six skus of the Premium Tidal Bay Appellation along with the top selling red and rose wines in the Atlantic region.
While Devonian coast wines have a beach head in various channels across Canada, considerable potential remains. Growth opportunities are immense and with the recent installation of a new “state of the art” canning line along with wine-based RTD innovation in the LUVO Life co brand, the right sales leader has all the tools needed to drive double digit growth.
While it is an exhilarating time to be part of this fine emerging wine region in Nova Scotia, it is even more exciting to be part of the Devonian Coast team. They are a group of passionate individuals who care deeply about their craft and are excited to play a key role in building the company, the Nova Scotia wine industry and contribute in a significant way to Nova Scotia quality of life.
The wine making, viticulture and operations teams are among the best in the country and punch well above their weight class, so it should be no surprise that they are in the top 10 wineries in volume in Canada.
On their behalf, we are looking for an experienced sales leader who is both inspired and motivated by the challenge of taking strategic brand expansion and revenue growth to the next level.
The successful candidate, as a key member of the Leadership Team, will be a driving force behind their multi-year growth plan focused on innovation and expanded distribution.
- Lead the growth and expansion of sales for Devonian across the following sales channels; Liquor boards, Private Wine, On Premise and select Grocery accounts.
- Continually develop and maintain strong relationships with wine teams at Atlantic Liquor Board partners, especially NSLC.
- Business Development outside of Nova Scotia; Assess and rebuild go-to-market strategies in other key provincial jurisdictions .
- Build strategic collaborative work relationships with peers, subordinates and other key stakeholders.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Provide 24 month running demand forecast to support wine making and production planning.
- Along with the Devonian team, work to continually innovate and develop a profitable and growing wine portfolio.
- Develop annual sales plans and contribute to marketing and operating budgets for all channels.
- Provide updates to the Production Master Plan application with current Sales and forecast data.
- Complete high level monthly reporting on sales activities and progress to plan..
The ideal candidate will:
- Be results driven – with a high degree of personal initiative and leadership.
- Be fact and evidence based in decision-making and translating customer insights into action.
- Have post-secondary education with a material business emphasis.
- Be fluent in MS office and “The numbers”.
- Show a track record of program development and execution, new product launches and a strategic approach to brand building programs.
- Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Be authentic and transparent with the confidence to be wrong, own mistakes and learn and adapt to a new culture.
- Experience in the beverage alcohol industry is considered an asset.
This is an exciting role in a dynamic collaborative environment where the opportunity for advancement is only limited by the candidates’ desire and ability to work hard for it and get results.
Combine a work environment where having fun is a core value with living in a part of the world where quality of life is among the best on the planet.
Interested candidates can send their cover letter and resume to Graham Langill via firstname.lastname@example.org