Our client, Hatch Ltd, is a global multidisciplinary management, engineering, and development consultancy. Their global network of 9,000 professionals combines vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects. Hatch’s experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investment market sectors.
On behalf of Hatch, Venor is actively seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join their Halifax, NS office as part of the Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES). DES specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modeling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As the Geotechnical Engineer, you will support and execute challenging projects to ensure technical excellence within the team. You will also mentor and provide guidance to develop junior and intermediate engineers, designers, and technicians.
- Provide engineering support from concept to construction on geotechnical projects within the Civil Infrastructure (transportation and rail), Energy (Hydropower and Dams), Water Resources, and Mining/Industrial sectors
- Create designs and geotechnical engineering analyses including; embankments designs for dams and railways, foundation designs for Civil Infrastructure and large Mining/Industrial/Energy projects, slope stability assessments; cut slopes, seismic design, liquefaction analysis, pavement design, pile design, seepage and piping assessments; and soil improvement designs
- Maintain and create engaging client relationships to ensure client satisfaction as well as identify new key opportunities in the geotechnical field
- Prepare proposals for Engineering Services Requests
- Complete technical document reviews and technical drawings prepared by the team and provide feedback based on your expertise
Who You Are:
As the ideal candidate, you have a bachelor of Engineering in Geological Engineering or Civil Engineering (with a specialization in Geotechnical Engineering) combined with 5 – 10 years of related experience. You have demonstrated technical experience working on linear transportation projects (i.e., rail and highway); Mining and industrial projects; and Energy projects with a focus on seismic soil analysis and design. You have proven experience in geotechnical site investigation and design, site characterization, soft soil engineering, foundation assessments and recommendations, seismic assessment and liquefaction analysis, seepage and piping assessment, and construction support from tendering to inspections.
As the successful candidate, you are team focused, understand multidisciplinary projects, and have excellent working knowledge of specialized Geotechnical software and modeling tools (Geostudio Suite, RocScience Suite, gint, LPILE, Plaxis, Leapfrog, OpenGround, etc). You are a natural leader and have the ability to mentor and provide guidance to junior engineers and designers.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
For more insight, please contact Andrea Murray via firstname.lastname@example.org.