Venor has partnered with Timberparts in their search for a Heavy Equipment Service Technician. Timberparts is a growing business, supplying the forestry and industrial sectors with parts and components for over 20 years.
As the Heavy Equipment Service Technician, you will manage the service work, ensure work orders are closed and customer invoices are issued in a timely manner. Oversee the repair and maintenance of a diverse range of heavy equipment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Efficiently and effectively evaluate the working condition of, diagnose, assemble/disassemble, order parts for, repair heavy duty equipment.
- Use materials and equipment safely and efficiently.
- Accurately and completely document on work orders all machine information, actions taken, and time taken.
- Continually assess service task hazards and ensure work is performed safely, and to accepted standards.
- Use parts catalogues to locate parts, and order parts from parts personnel.
- Repair and rebuild components of heavy equipment machinery ( (Automatic Transmission, Diesel Engines, Piston Pumps, etc.)
As a successful candidate you will lead with integrity and foster a collaborative approach with the team built on mutual trust and respect. You will have a minimum block 3 Heavy Equipment or Automotive Service technician.
As an ideal candidate you will demonstrate the ability to listen and understand other perspectives and modify one’s approach to enhance communication and achieve results. You will have excellent communication skills and will be a team player who can work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
Venor embraces a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, your application is welcome. Diversity is appreciated and there is understanding that we all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. Applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities are encouraged. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know.