Venor is excited to partner with LVL Wellbeing in their search for an Intermediate Software Developer! Based in Dubai, LVL is expanding its presence into Halifax, Nova Scotia, adding to LVL’s mission of creating a happier and healthier world, right here in Atlantic Canada.
LVL Wellbeing is a digital platform that is designed to help companies and individuals maximize their well-being potential, understanding that wellness is not a one-size-fits-all journey. LVL recognizes that wellness is not just about physical health, but also focus on the importance of mindfulness and your mental wellbeing. LVL provides access to premium content, events, and programs while empowering teams to collaboratively engage with each other and other community members on their well-being journeys. LVL is currently seeking a motivated and energized full-stack (frontend/backend) software developer who is looking for a growth opportunity to develop individually, and also as a mentor for junior developers.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, as an Intermediate Software Developer you will be fully integrated into the engineering team of young professionals, working closely on solutions and code delivery with your peers. As a full stack developer, this position will focus on the Golang (backend) and React (frontend) code development. This role may provide an opportunity to mentor both junior and intern developers. This will also include being heavily involved in the code review, and sprint planning processes.
What you’ll be doing
- Assisting engineering leadership in conducting research and making recommendations as it relates to code practices, architecture, and solutions that are aligned with best practices
- Working closely with the product team to ensure features are tested, delivered, and monitored over time
- Validating requirements and researching best practices ahead of starting feature development
- Leading by example by conducting thorough and empathetic code reviews to contribute to mentorship and the growth of the team
- Ensuring security of confidential information and communicating information on possible threats affecting cybersecurity with the team
- Ensuring that the team is prioritizing their individual wellbeing, including your own wellbeing, while providing advice or seeking support in the event it may prove helpful
- Assisting team leadership in maintaining a constructive, and positive environment where everyone can be proud of the impact and growth they are having within the team, and with each other.
What we’re looking for
- Experience working within a startup environment, ideally large and small
- A problem solver who can quickly establish what the problem is and then quickly transition to ﬁnding solutions
- An enthusiastic individual who is interested in the quickly changing technology landscape, and how we can leverage new technologies to gain efficiency enhancements ahead of the competition
- An individual who doesn’t just code as a job, but it is something they also are passionate about, and enjoy doing
- A relentlessly curious individual, with an internal excitement for learning and testing new technologies
- An excellent communicator both verbally and with documentation, who is personable and pleasant to work with, both internally and with external stakeholders
- Someone who values and prioritizes their own well-being, and who is willing to empathetically help teammates when help may be needed.
What’s in it for you?
- Unlimited access to the LVL platform & LVL studios, including your friends & family
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 4.5-day working week.
- Recharge Fridays (the last Friday of every month off)
- Unlimited vacation (PTO) – we are an outcome focused culture
- Unlimited ﬂex days, to enable a high quality of life that encourages travel, family time, and overall better life experiences.
- Flexible working hours outside of scheduled meetings
- A $150 monthly well-being allowance.
- A $500 annual oﬃce allowance.
- Enrollment into LVL’s SIP (equity/share) bonus program
Venor and LVL Wellbeing believe that every unique perspective should be valued and that everyone should have a sense of safety and belonging—at work, and in our communities. Leveraging the thoughts of a diverse workforce helps us to be innovative and provide the best service to our customers. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including persons who identify as racially visible, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, women in underrepresented roles, and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. LVL Wellbeing and Venor support candidates and employees with access and accommodation needs.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, contact Nick Misener at email@example.com.