Venor has partnered with Byos, a well-funded start-up based in Halifax, NS looking to add a Senior Software QA to its expanding team. Byos Inc. develops hardware and software for endpoint security products. Their current offering, the Micro Gateway, has recently launched and is receiving positive market feedback. On their behalf, we are looking for an Intermediate Software QA who can contribute to Byos software deliverable quality, and work with the development and site reliability teams to maintain KPI’s.
This individual will have knowledge of networking and serverless cloud technologies and have an interest in security and network communications. They will have experience with frontend and backend test technologies, frameworks and tools to meet business needs. They will have strong scripting skills and work closely with developers and SRE’s to improve the overall solution quality. They will provide metrics of the solution robustness and performance that the team can use to make key decisions. They will be familiar with an agile environment and be able to contribute as such.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, QA solutions and systems for Byos software solutions
- Ensure target metrics for software quality and performance are met
- Refine product backlogs and feature development from a QA perspective
- Automate the collection and presentation of KPIs and identify trends (eg. regression)
- Continuously learn emerging QA technologies and bring improvements to Byos systems
- Integrate QA tests into pipelines with SRE assistance
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have some experience testing scalable and serverless cloud applications
- Are familiar with interface testing tools and frameworks
- Have good scripting and automation skills
- Possess knowledge of several programming languages and are proficient for QA purposes
- Are comfortable building test systems and working with existing frameworks
- Have good troubleshooting and debugging skills, and familiarity with debugging tools
- Can help identify gaps in testing and logging and work with developers to correct
- Have worked maintaining pipelines, testing and their artifacts
- Can grasp complex systems and identify needs, propose solutions, and assist with developing action plans
- Other useful skills include: Cypress, Selenium or other industry standard tools, Python for QA, AWS for QA, bash, bamboo/gitlab/jenkins or similar, docker for QA
What’s in it for you:
- Office in Volta – Canada’s East Coast Innovation Hub.
- Health, Dental, and Professional coverage for you and your family start immediately.
- Flexible working hours/environment with generous home office allowance.
- One paid holiday per month + ‘Holiday Shutdown’ between Christmas and New Years.
- Three weeks’ vacation (in addition to holiday shut down).
We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).