Venor has partnered with Hatch on their search for an Intermediate Structural Engineer to join their team in Saint John, NB or Fredericton, NB.
Hatch has more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Hatch is growing throughout the country, and we are expanding our presence in New Brunswick in order to better serve our local clients and to respond to increased demand from national and international clients. The Structural Engineer will play a key role in the growth of our New Brunswick offices and shall assist with delivering a variety of diverse and challenging projects. Although tasks may vary from project to project, the primary role of the intermediate structural engineer shall be the management and design of industrial buildings and structures. We manage the entire lifecycle of our clients’ projects, from conceptual design to construction and operation of assets, while achieving efficiencies.
- Work on complex and challenging projects related to the design of steel and concrete structures in industrial settings for new construction as well as repair, rehabilitation, or modification of existing construction
- Coordination with engineers and technicians amongst other disciplines;
- Supervision and support of Structural Engineers-in-Training
- Design verification of structural calculations by others
- Perform site visits as required for visual engineering assessments, field measurements, and construction support
- Participate in the preparation of design drawings and specifications
- Participate in the estimation of project costs
- Ensure the integration and implementation of safety and integrity principles in Hatch’s structural documentation
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the design of steel and / or concrete structures
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with a focus on structural design courses
- Member in good standing with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick (APEGNB)
- Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary project team
- Experience with analysis programs such as STAAD.Pro, S-Frame, SAP2000
- Strong knowledge of design codes and standards
- Good organizational skills to manage working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Communication skills in French considered an asset but not required
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible health benefits from your first day
- Competitive compensation and vacation
- Employer and employee contributions to a retirement savings plan
- Long-term career management planning
- The opportunity to receive excellent mentorship from industry experts
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
If you’re passionate and committed to building a better world through positive change please submit your resume to Andrea Murray via email@example.com
We’re committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We’ll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.